Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
1,624 Posts
That was my opinion too...hence why I said 'are you joking?!' Really, who on earth would think those tires were still good enough to use for awhile.

·
Registered
2000 Deville DHS
722 Posts
It’s legit. I think this is a classic example of someone who bit too much of the apple on their 1st vehicle and found out the hard way that Cadillacs aren’t for everyone/not the easiest to maintain. I get the feeling she would’ve been better off with a used Toyota Corolla...

I could be wrong... Or maybe I’m remembering back to when my little brother wanted to follow in my footsteps and was determined to buy a Cadillac as his 1st car... But not just any Cadillac, he went way against my wishes and advice and started making payments on a $20,000+ 2004 CTS!
Keep in mind this was his very 1st car! Smh.

Instead of celebrating the purchase, he actually hid the fact that he bought it from me and I didn’t find out until 2 months after the fact because he knew I’d be pissed off at him for going against my advice.

When I found out I was more sad than pissed because I found out by accident and I was the very last person to know... But I was still a little pissed not only at him but also at my father for co signing for that car loan.

In the end he traded that CTS in after the several years of paying it off and true to my word of that car being too much for him to handle it literally overheated and broke down on his way to trade it in for a new Ford F-150.

And to add insult to injury they only gave him $500 Dollars for his Cadillac CTS. $500 DOLLARS! I told him not to buy that car.... In the end he said I was right.

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,166 Posts
....... In the end he said I was right.
Yah, and he hates your guts to this day. :p

Funny Story: I likely saved a marriage. I'd tool into work once in a while with my '96 Impala SS, and one day took colleagues to lunch in it including a woman I had worked with years before at yet another company. I of course had to undertake some safety measures drifting turns and clearing all the gas out of the cylinders at lights and such.

I learned later she and her husband (he worked there too in the field) were set on ordering the 'all-new '00 Impala' just coming out. I included abundant profanities in specifically ordering her not to buy that car, and she got really perturbed and accused me of just trying to keep her from stealing everyone's attention away from mine, and not let her have the same fun I was having." How do you even argue against that nonsense?

I informed her it ain't even the same car, just Chevy's sales trick that apparently working to get "ignorant suckers like you and your husband who don't know $iTh about cars to buy a POS FWD 3800 dogS--t compact but with a deer emblem and same model name as mine." Pretty much my exact quote as I recall.

They bought a nice new pickup instead, but it took quite a while for them to figure out what they almost did. Neither one of them really ever came right out and admitted I saved their lives, but she and I did get to laugh about it years later when she agreed to give me a bangup work reference.

So ELDORADO-, the cliffs are that ain't nobody gonna nohow let some lame-ass logic get in the way of something they want if it's something they want. Often without even knowing what it really is.

Reactions: ELDORADO2K

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,340 Posts
I think the OP is a female (but today bf and husband/wife are used very loosely) :rolleyes:

What is Stripes or Heb?
not sure about Stripes, but HEB is a chain of supermarkets based in Texas. Founded by Howard E. Butt. Yes, that's his real name.

·
Registered
'12 CTS Performance Sports Wagon AWD
2,948 Posts
If the posting was serious your tires likely will blow at any time just sitting there let alone trying to drive it. If you drive it anywhere, drive to the tire shop.

·
Registered
2000 Deville DHS
722 Posts
@FTSS. That’s a great story. And it’s great that you were able to prevent them from making that purchase. Just imagine the ripple effect that would’ve taken place if they wouldn’t have listened.. Luckily it was a weight off all your shoulders.

she got really perturbed and accused me of just trying to keep her from stealing everyone's attention away from mine, and not let her have the same fun I was having." How do you even argue against that nonsense?
You know what, I’ve never thought about this.^ But now that you mention it I wonder if this might’ve been even a small reason as to why my brother didn’t tell me he had bought a Cadillac? Could it be that he thought his car would somehow steal attention from mine?

I’ve never considered that but who knows... Maybe there’s a chance that went though his head since he bought that car in 2008 making it only 4yrs. old which was far newer than any Cadillac I had owned.

But regardless, those kind of thoughts never crossed my mind because in my opinion [and I don’t mean to offend anyone but] I didn’t even really consider the CTS, especially the 1st gen a “real” Cadillac. Lol.
Mid size car with a V6? Sort of like a Catera.. I always considered my Eldorado as much more of a car even with it being 10yrs older.

·
Registered
Something German S550, 69 Eldorado, 68 Impala, If I tell you the rest, well
545 Posts
Well they said to drive the car until the wheels fall off.

Maybe if its flat on one side I can flip it to the other side.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,733 Posts
I see that the OP has not logged in for over 18 hours. I hope she was able to separate the wheat from the chaff and make some safety decisions for herself and children.

If this thread is legitimate it's a sad commentary on the state of automotive knowledge out there; if it proves to be a hoax then it will disappear from the site forever.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,340 Posts
Wondering if the rotten tires are actually the ones on the car? I can't enlarge the pic enough to tell.

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
1,624 Posts
Wondering if the rotten tires are actually the ones on the car? I can't enlarge the pic enough to tell.
I tried that but the resolution was not high enough for a detailed look at the tires.

21 - 40 of 122 Posts