Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 cts 3.6 i have low pro-tires on 20s vogue with nito tires size 445/40 the little tiny wires are sticking out alittle and i can see some ...i dunno it looks like cloth or sumthin how much longer will i have befor it blow out mind you i think my car needs alignment cause the tread is wearing out on the inside of the tires the length of the pieces thats are allready gone and the wires that are sticking out ..it about 4 in. And like 6 mm across and there is a very very faint groove on the side wall i just wanna know how long do i have until it gives out ive seen tires way worse that this and they still drove their vehicles.my bf said that day it wont make it to stripes or heb but ive been driving it i drive really slow and try to leave when the street isnt lava hot.and this is my first car and i really like it.
And another ?
Will it matter if im going 5 mph or 40 mph what will happen i have little ones with me will it make and exploting ballon sound and will it eff up my rims here are some pics
Oh and one more question that little triange on one of the pics on my tire i heard it was a symbol for tires that were made around yr 2000.i just wanna know what im up against so i dont panick and crash

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,026 Posts
You've now got 3 threads running exactly the same topic, and it results in less useful responses than keeping the issues in one place. You can hope a moderator is considerate enough to consolidate everything (even deleting my post is good as long as you follow through with details already requested by others on the other threads, along with answering points below):

-pic of the tire size showing in fact it's 20es

-a little background why, unless you just picked up this car 2 days ago, that these impressively rotted tires have managed to become such an issue all of the sudden

-why it isn't it already obvious that the wisest safest course is simply buy new tires for the car with the wheels already on the car

·
Registered
Something German S550, 69 Eldorado, 68 Impala, If I tell you the rest, well
529 Posts
If you have tires like that, replace them asap or just stay off the road until you have new tires. If you have to ask you're very irresponsible. No excuse to let tires go that far, very dangerous.

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
1,444 Posts
2009 cts 3.6 i have low pro-tires on 20s vogue with nito tires size 445/40 the little tiny wires are sticking out alittle and i can see some ...i dunno it looks like cloth or sumthin how much longer will i have befor it blow out mind you i think my car needs alignment cause the tread is wearing out on the inside of the tires the length of the pieces thats are allready gone and the wires that are sticking out ..it about 4 in. And like 6 mm across and there is a very very faint groove on the side wall i just wanna know how long do i have until it gives out ive seen tires way worse that this and they still drove their vehicles.my bf said that day it wont make it to stripes or heb but ive been driving it i drive really slow and try to leave when the street isnt lava hot.and this is my first car and i really like it.
And another ?
Will it matter if im going 5 mph or 40 mph what will happen i have little ones with me will it make and exploting ballon sound and will it eff up my rims here are some pics
Oh and one more question that little triange on one of the pics on my tire i heard it was a symbol for tires that were made around yr 2000.i just wanna know what im up against so i dont panick and crash View attachment 587201 View attachment 587202 View attachment 587203 View attachment 587204 View attachment 587205
You have got to be joking, right?! If not, you don't deserve that great looking Caddy.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,261 Posts
And another ?
Oh and one more question that little triange on one of the pics on my tire i heard it was a symbol for tires that were made around yr 2000.i just wanna know what im up against so i dont panick and crash View attachment 587201 View attachment 587202 View attachment 587203 View attachment 587204 View attachment 587205
Listen to the advice being given. I wouldn't drive those tires for ten yards, they are a crash waiting to happen. Meanwhile, one or more of your other posts on this topic have been deleted. Please don't make duplicate posts on multiple forums.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
1,678 Posts
are they supposed to teach that stuff in Auto driving School? Obviously he'd flunk a tire test

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 sedan
679 Posts
OP - the stunned reaction from this group is because none of us have ever seen a tire in such wretchedly poor condition on a car that is still rolling. The tire you have pictured makes some us suspect that your post here was a joke - that's how bad that tire is. If it was mine, I wouldn't trust it to drive it as far as the tire shop; I would take the wheels off and bring them in a safe vehicle to the tire store to get new ones.

Don't drive this car.

·
Registered
2000 Deville DHS
703 Posts
If I deciphered your post correctly, you say you’re driving your kids around in that vehicle?

If so, my advice would be to ride the bus, a bike, or just plain walk to wherever you need to go until you get new tires put on that car. Not only will you be safer, but it’ll teach you some responsibility because there’s no way you should’ve let it get to that point.

Those tires are a legit hazard not only to you and your passengers, but to others on the road.
At the very least you could’ve bought some used tires for dirt cheap before letting them get that bad.

I wouldn’t drive that car anywhere like that.

·
Registered
'10 CTS4 3.6L Wagon prem; '06 STS 3.6L base; '98 Seville STS
2,384 Posts
Take it from Someone Who Has Done It Twice Already and it didn't end well. First time was the front tires, the tpms kept going low and I kept adding more air and then it dawned on me to check the treads. I tried to drive to the tire shop but didn't make it. Second time was the rear tires, that was just split without any warning. If you have a spare, I'll advice changing it to those immediately and head to a tire shop

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,325 Posts
If the OP or her "friend" set up, drove, and got the tires to that point she does not deserve to own a driver's license. The car is a serious, dangerous, improperly cobbled together accident looking for a place to happen. We can only hope she does not become a candidate for the 2020 Darwin Award. And that she said she has "little ones" with her makes the problem much, much worse.

Some "boy friend"..............

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
1,444 Posts
If the OP set up, drove, and got the tires to that point he does not deserve to own a driver's license. The car is a serious, dangerous accident looking for a place to happen. We can only hope he does not become a candidate for the 2020 Darwin Award. And that he said he has "little ones" with him makes the problem much, much worse.
my bf said that day it wont make it to stripes or heb
I think the OP is a female (but today bf and husband/wife are used very loosely) :rolleyes:

What is Stripes or Heb?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,325 Posts
You quoted while I was editing ...........

1 - 20 of 122 Posts