Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,622 Posts
Please stop emailing me. Here is my update-------> Thermagasket worked for ONE YEAR almost to the day, then it stopped working and head gasket breached again. My car is now JUNK. I have it listed for $1,000. and am willing to part it out. I WILL NOT RESPOND TO ANYMORE EMAILS, they will only get deleted.
If you don't want to get email, don't post your email address and asked to be emailed "if you have any questions".

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,978 Posts
@ Mindy, Jeesh, What a sorehead!:tisk:
^^^ Probably not true. I would guess that she found out the hard way that you NEVER post personal contact information in a public forum. There is a lot of low-life scum on the Internet.

YOU post YOUR e-mail address and ask for feedback. Hang on to your sanity and address list.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 1998 Cadillac Eldorado and the head gasket went as you know this is prone to northstar engines. I did a lot of research and decided on Therma Gasket. I followed the instructions to a T step by step. They give you enough for 2 applications. The 1st application lasted 1 year I suspect that it would have lasted longer but I think when I had my oil changed they sometimes top off your fluids and as you know GM recommends Dex-Coolant and it was topped off with Dex-Collant and destroyed the Therma Gasket. So since I had the other half of the bottle I did the whole procedure over again and it has been fine for 5 months now. It does work.

·
Administrator
67,978 Posts
........"it does work".......... for some period of time.

BandAids are inexpensive. Real repair is not.

DEX-COOL had nothing to do with "destroying" the magic goop. More head bolts are losing their torque/clamping pressure due to cylinder block head bolt hole thread failure and the head(s) are lifting more. The original slug of magic goop is probably solidified throughout the cooling system so the second shot is trying, once again, to seal the SanAndreas fault... but it's gonna blow again.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Does it not tell you something when there are threads about this from who remembers when and yet there is no single verified success story? :nono:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please let me know of your experience with THERMAGASKET or any other sealants. Thanks
It worked for my deville. Gasket was blown and I couldn't go around the block before it overheated. Use the product and solved the problem for years. Went from NJ to Georgia full load of folks with ac blasting. No problems. Follow directions exactly. Hope this helps and Good Luck!

·
Administrator
67,978 Posts
Good morning and welcome to CF !!! The member you replied to posted almost 12 years ago and has not logged in for almost the same period. This thread has been dead for just over 3 years itself.........

Some Northstar owners with failed head bolt threads have had some success with magic sealants; others have not.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts