Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2011 SRX4 3.0 Engine
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I replaced my hoses and for the life of me i cant get the cover back on - the hoses are in the correct spot but i was a idiot and did not take a pic's so i cant see how its supposed to go back on. given its shape and molded foam it must be important and not a aesthetic cover. any idea why its there and if someone has the large top cover off can you take a pic of the cover installed for me please?

·
Registered
2011 Cadillac SRX Luxury edition
25 Posts
I had the same problem when I changed my thermostat yesterday. I used this as a reference and it helped a ton.

·
Registered
2011 SRX4 3.0 Engine
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks - still no workie.....its 3/4 back on - it will have to do....

·
Registered
2012 SRX4 Premium
610 Posts
Something doesn't sound right here. I can see a little head scratching, but it surely goes on just one way right? If you can't figure it out something else must be out of alignment.

·
Registered
2011 SRX4 3.0 Engine
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its so strange 1 bolt it just came off easy peasy, ill be dammed if i can get it back on i used molded factory hoses and routed them the same.... I played &^##% around for a good 1/2 hour with it, hopefully some one can post up a pic or two from different angles to see whats wrong. GM went to some trouble to mold the foam cover so it probably needs to be on correctly

·
Registered
25 Posts
There's only one 10mm bolt holding this cover on. You got to finagle it in there and make it fit. You can do it. Make sure the lower hose goes within the indent in the cover.

·
Registered
2011 SRX4 3.0 Engine
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
could i trouble you for a few detailed pic's....i cant get the darn thing back on

·
Registered
25 Posts
This is the best shot I can give you without taking off the engine cover. The one 10mm bolt is shown along with the hose from the coolant tank below. Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts