Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a replacement Bose HU
for my Buddy's '99 STS.

Do you know the procedure to unlock the theftlock using the tech 2?

One local dealer said you can't swap radios.

I went to another dealer and they didn't know how to change the radios vin
so it would work.

There has to be a way to do this swap

Someone please help. Ron

·
Registered
2003 STS w/BoseNav, 1993 Deville, 1985 Deville
1,089 Posts
RonWa,

If you don't get a satisfactory answer here, you can always call 800-333-4CAD, which is GM's Cadillac 'hotline'. I've called them before (last week) and they seem to be pretty knowledgeable, but I don't know if they'll be able to answer your question.

It won't hurt, you can always just give it a try. The worst that can happen is that they say to call your local dealer. Best thing that can happen is that they tell you exactly how it's done. Free call. Five minutes. 24-hours a day.

When you call, be sure to have your Buddy's VIN number handy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bill$torey94Deville said:
I have the site to remove that and it is http://carstereohelp.com/ go there type in your year make model. They have pictures of actual cars not diagrams. It came in handy for me. any more questions id be glad to help

Well I purchased a cd (Bose) AC Delco and it has the Theftloc Active....Ive read other threads and tried the hold preset 2/3 down and I get nothing.....Does anyone have a master code and if so perhaps the instructions as to how to enter the code....Because once Ive turned the raido on I cant do a thing....PLS HELP!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did find out if your radio has RDS, it must be unlocked using a tech 2 tool.
You will need to know the vin # of the car the radio came from.so your car will be able to use the radio.
best of luck..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts