Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2000 ETC
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
2000 ETC. I have read all the forums. I did the VATS bypass. I have been driving (exclusively) and working on Cadillacs for almost fifty years. Can't figure this one out.

Addendum: Had to junk my 94 Eldo' last spring. Am I going to have to junk this one too?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,373 Posts
Many SIR functions are monitored so there may be a clue there.

The theft problem may be in the steering column VATS wiring or connectors. Noticed your other post in a long-dead thread.

What trouble codes are listed in the car's built-in OBD-II scanner? The OBD port is fused - underhood fuse box - may be your code pull problem.

data link connector.gif

·
2000 ETC
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Submariner,

Thanks for your assistance. I can not pull codes through the climate control or with a scanner from the OBD-2 port. I have always been able in the past. Even with my 94 Eldo, and I think that was before they had the OBD-2. Of course I expected the battery and/or connections, but have ruled that out. When you open the door or unlock it with the key (It does not respond from the remote), the security lights don't come up . When I turn the ignition to "on", the dash array slowly lights up then starts with the Security/Air Bag messages. of course when I turn the key to "Start", nothing happens. The high blower fan kicks on then turns off shortly after I turn the ignition to "off". When I get in the car there is no evidence of any power going anywhere, but of course the seats function as normal, so I know there is power going to where it is supposed to go. I had this trouble once before, and it was a fuse in the trunk and it let me pull codes to diagnose that. But it is not telling me anything, everyday I go out, hook or unhook the battery, try various things, checked all the fuses of course ir it is the PCM or the BCM I am afraid it is going to have to go to the junkyard. That is what I had to do with my '94 after the brake lines rotted out and the fuel pump crapped out (no access panel of course).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts