Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2-Day Drivers instruction at H2R, the only place in Texas with a drop in cork screw type turn. Still some slots open..... hope I'm not the only one with a 4300lb beast ripping up the track.

Plus they are starting off 2010 with a fun Chrono-X challenge....... :lildevil:

·
Registered
09 CTS-V Black on Black Auto, Fully Loaded
118 Posts
I might be attending this one also. Right now I getting ready to head to the track at Texas Speedway in College Station. This Drivers Edge is actually close for me. Just depends on plans.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like weather will make this an awesome day!

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cork screw

Dropping in

Looking good!

·
Registered
118 Posts
NICE! Looks good.

I can't go since Registration is closed and it's a class for everyone except Novice level. I'm definitely in the Novice level right now. I wish I was in the states more often since I might entertain the idea of paying the prices to be a member at that course. Actually, I just re-read the info. Since I attended the course at TWS I should qualify out of the Novice deal. I need to e-mail the event runner and ask them if I can still join up. I think I have just caught the Road Racing Bug!...Like I need another expensive hobby...lol

Have you run the track out in College Station? How does this track compare?

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From people who have been... NOT my opinion since I've never been, this is a more technically challenging course according to them. But if you have been on a track then you could still participate. From what I gather it's closed to novice... as in never driven a car on a track...period; so you would need a hand holding etc. I would try and show up 5-6pm friday night at the track, packet pickup or the hotel in San Marcos 7-9ish I believe on the same night, and ask away at eric or call him on his cell 817-988-5027. The rates to join H2R are cheaper if joined in a group ie. group discount, if your serious then we can talk because I plan on joining... sometime this year... x my fingers.

·
Registered
09 Cadillac CTS V
255 Posts
NICE! Looks good.

I can't go since Registration is closed and it's a class for everyone except Novice level. I'm definitely in the Novice level right now. I wish I was in the states more often since I might entertain the idea of paying the prices to be a member at that course. Actually, I just re-read the info. Since I attended the course at TWS I should qualify out of the Novice deal. I need to e-mail the event runner and ask them if I can still join up. I think I have just caught the Road Racing Bug!...Like I need another expensive hobby...lol

Have you run the track out in College Station? How does this track compare?
Driver's Edge has this weekend closed only to driver's who have not run with Driver's Edge before. The group has only run once at Harris Hill, and needs to make sure that the accommodations, classrooms and paddock areas will work for their needs and schedules. The instructors are also getting their first real taste of the track, and for safety, it is best that they ride with drivers who have some knowledge of how things run with their group.

There is also a noise restriction at Harris Hill, so they are limiting the entrants to cars with mufflers only. If you have not run with this group before, and have the opportunity to do so, you will find that DE runs a first class program.

If you have run TWS, you will find H2R is VERY different. TWS is a fairly flat track, with the only elevation changes coming into and out of the superspeedway section. H2R is in a hill area, and has some neat elevation changes, and tight double apex corners. H2R also has some turns that are visual opposites of how the line should be run. This makes it more challenging than it appears at first glance. I was able to run a few laps there in August, and I want another chance to run on it again soon. Unfortunately Family obligations are keeping me at home this weekend. When you Houston, Austin and San Antonio drivers come up to Dallas, join us at MSR or Eagle's Canyon for some Horsepower fun. (Eagles Canyon will also test your brakes like no other track in Texas).

·
Registered
118 Posts
Rick got back to me thru E-mail. I'm able to run if there is room. Right now it's full up so there are no open slots. Might be a non-issue since I need to get some dental work done this week and I might be on meds and not able to drive period.

But there's a small chance I could attend. I might just make a trip out to see the track and get familar with the group.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Driver's Edge has this weekend closed only to driver's who have not run with Driver's Edge before. The group has only run once at Harris Hill, and needs to make sure that the accommodations, classrooms and paddock areas will work for their needs and schedules. The instructors are also getting their first real taste of the track, and for safety, it is best that they ride with drivers who have some knowledge of how things run with their group.

There is also a noise restriction at Harris Hill, so they are limiting the entrants to cars with mufflers only. If you have not run with this group before, and have the opportunity to do so, you will find that DE runs a first class program.

If you have run TWS, you will find H2R is VERY different. TWS is a fairly flat track, with the only elevation changes coming into and out of the superspeedway section. H2R is in a hill area, and has some neat elevation changes, and tight double apex corners. H2R also has some turns that are visual opposites of how the line should be run. This makes it more challenging than it appears at first glance. I was able to run a few laps there in August, and I want another chance to run on it again soon. Unfortunately Family obligations are keeping me at home this weekend. When you Houston, Austin and San Antonio drivers come up to Dallas, join us at MSR or Eagle's Canyon for some Horsepower fun. (Eagles Canyon will also test your brakes like no other track in Texas).

One of the Chrono-X events is in Cresson so I might make that event. One of these days I'll make event with another V so I don't feel like a red headed step child with all those 997/GT3RS, BMW snobs being all uppity.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweet ride BTW!!

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First day of thedriversedge.net course was awesome but i may have to sit out the second day.... I pretty much wiped out my tires side wall tread on the front left... I guess running a half a dozen events at H2R will do that and i got 12k+ miles on them (stock PS2's)... Graduated to solo!!!!!! WooHoo! Will try for TWS in college station for the speed aspect sometime soon I hope.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Very cool. You'll notice in Turn 10, the Carosoul (SP?), that you'll end up using the tires to scrub speed alot. The PS2's get slick after a couple laps at that track.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I noticed that. When I came off after excessive scrubbing and having to correct for that is when I noticed the PS2's being tread bare on the outer front left thread. Still trying to think about what track wheels and tires I should get so I don't wear out my DD tires. 18" or 20" wheels....gah I'm so cunfuzed!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts