Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Who wins this month's Cadillac Enthusiast Magazine Front Cover Car of the Month?

• kimcheegeegae

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • StealthV

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • rodster111

Votes: 32 51.6%
  • AmesCTS-V

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • urbanski

Votes: 9 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
Rodster11 by a longshot, I made that my Desktop Wallpaper it was so good! Thats really a very well done shot with good placement and an adequate but not overdone amount of environment in the background. Looks like its doing 100mph sitting still.

·
Registered
22,415 Posts
I went for StealthV. I was disappointed by all the painted wheels and the Roadster by no control of his had those ugly stickers on his windshield. Maybe inspection stickers. I love black too!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks everybody for the complimentary comments on my photo. After reading the comments here about the inspection stickers on the windshield, I photoshopped them off, and it is an improvement.

In Pennsylvania, inspection stickers are mandatory, and since I have to live with them every day I didn't give much thought about how they might detract from the appearance of the photo.

If you'd like to see more of my photos, check out my gallery here.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Rodster!

It's black, therefore it's faster.

It's in PA, therefore he gets bonus points for driving it on the worst roads in the country.

And, it's black.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Does it have to be a CTS-V or can it be a regular CTS to get nominated for Car of the Month?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Rodster, I just looked at your pic again, and I think Cadillac should put that on the cover of their brouchure, not just the magazine.

Do you take photos for a living, cause that's damn professional. :coolgleam

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks again for the compliments on the photo. Yes, I do photography for my employers website and promotional materials, as well as video production
and DVD authoring. That's not my primary function there however, as I spend more time as IT Director for the company and on general "All Around Tech Guy"
duties, but I have spent much of my life in self study and the practice of photography, digital in particular.

It would be a dream come true to be able to contribute some photography to Cadillac for their promos, as I've been a Cadillac fan since I was in my early
teens (many years ago ;)). I think I have a decent eye for aesthetics, but then again, Cadillac cars do provide pretty conducive subject material for good looking
photos, and my enthusiasm for this incredible CTS-V I have the pleasure of owning certainly helps too when photographing it.
majax - I like the leaf blowing idea you had, I may try that this Fall when the leaves are on the ground again.

RobertCTS - the ugy stickers are gone - I'll try to remember to avoid that in the future.

ktills45 - the comment about the roads in PA is certainly true, especially when driving the V on I-80 going west, I hate to
subject the car to that moon-crater-like surface, although it does pretty well with it considering the tight suspension setup.​

·
Banned
16,105 Posts
Rodster, welcome aboard. I must confess I voted for Kim's silver V, because I've always liked lighter colors, but if I were to choose a black V it would certainly be YOURS. :thumbsup: Yours is impressive indeed! Truth be told, they are all impressive and difficult to impose favorites.

Congrats!! :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Rodster111....
The autumn colors did it for me. It creates a nice reflection off a black car, regardless of the make, honestly.

But I'd suggest that every owner to personalize their car a little more by made changing the wheels or somethig to that effect. Nothing drastic, mind you. But after awhile, it tends to looks like every other CTS-V ripping around town.

·
Registered
204 Posts
sorry but for me
kimcheejeegae you have my vote

BLACK IS WACK & Grey All day
nothing personal but grey stands out because it shows true car definition. Black hides the sleak body lines that I feel car lovers like to see.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts