Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started this project from a hacked up kit i found on Ebay of a 73 corvette , it was partially painted blue years ago , a terrible paint job at that. So i bought it , witht he full intent of building a 1:24 replica of Dads 73 Corvette coupe.

The kit was a 73 Big block car , missing a few peices. Dads car is a 350 , so i found a 350 in another kit ,and hacked up the big blocks engine to get the tranny off and adapt it to the small block , then painted it to match whats int he real thing. Suspension and other bits were donated out of a host of c3 corvette kits to get the look i wanted....4 weeks of work , hundred bucks ...Dads Christmas Presnt is ready :

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
Nicely done Stoney!

·
Registered
None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.
5,702 Posts
That's pretty awesome, yes...you'll have to find a subtle way to let him know how much work you put in it! :D

·
Registered
2005 DeVille
1,043 Posts
Sweet. I buiild models, too. I just finished a '66 Beetle with an intercooled turbo with all correct piping. It's got Porsche Fuch rims, all wheel drive, racing seats, etc. I don't build anything box stock.

Here is a Mustang I'm doing. It is Monogram's '98 Saleen Speedster. I used a '99 Cobra kit for the roof to make it a hardtop. The car features a twin turbo intercooled engine again with correct piping. I also used the IRS from the Cobra kit. It's also got Skyline seats.
http://www.corral.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=3408&size=big&cat=500&page=2

1 - 11 of 11 Posts