Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could not shake an S55 AMG the other day and Sat. I had probs running a C5 Z06. Fortunately the S55 did not get by me and the Z got a bit of a run because I had to change lanes for slower traffic. I need to smoke a Mustang to get my confidence back.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DrivingAmericanNow said:
I've been spanked by a C5 Z06. There's no arguing it, they are faster than the V (stock anyway). I hope they were both cool about it.
'
They were cool. I was really happy to see the AMG badge on the back of the Mercedes when we came up on traffic.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Having owned a 2003 S55 AMG and a 2004 Z06, I am impressed that you could stay anywhere either of those two rockets.

Both of them are incredibly fast. The Vette is several hundred pounds lighter than the V, and the S55 has more horsepower than the E55. You were definitely in good company.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i ran with a c5 zo6 and stayed right with him. he was up front and i trailed behind so i didn't get to run with him neck and neck, but we hit 160. i haven't gotten a chance with an amg55 but it would be nice.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
street said:
i ran with a c5 zo6 and stayed right with him. he was up front and i trailed behind so i didn't get to run with him neck and neck, but we hit 160. i haven't gotten a chance with an amg55 but it would be nice.
I backed off at 125. Was not going to pass him.

·
Registered
4 Posts
wooderson said:
I could not shake an S55 AMG the other day and Sat. I had probs running a C5 Z06. Fortunately the S55 did not get by me and the Z got a bit of a run because I had to change lanes for slower traffic. I need to smoke a Mustang to get my confidence back.
Hopefully you're not in So Cal, because if you ran mine (92 Vortech'd GT vert, 500 rwhp, mid-11's) it might hurt your confidence even more. :) There is always someone faster...Not comparing my car to yours of course. Mine has performance, but not really any of the other things that the CTS-V has. I bought it when I was a bit younger, and thank goodness I put the money into it then. With 14 month old twins and a new one on the way, there isn't any money in my car budget anymore.

My father-in-law just bought a 2006 last night, and he is in love. I did a bunch of research for him, being that we are both huge car guys but I am more internet savvy :thumbsup: and highly recommended the CTS-V. If I was able to afford one, I would also.

Great cars with a nice power. A few mods and they really fly.

·
Registered
Chrome CTS LP, 04 Cluster, WW sidemarkers, lower mesh grille
1,425 Posts
wooderson said:
I wish I could smoke a mustang :bigroll: my car is too slow. Tried against a GT and got my ass handed to me :( I always race the civics to get my confidence back:bouncy:

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V (sold)
1,473 Posts
jonnyd said:
I always race the civics to get my confidence back:bouncy:
I see civics running 12's and faster at the track all the time. Never underestimate the other guy...

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Seattle CTS-V said:
I see civics running 12's and faster at the track all the time. Never underestimate the other guy...
12s? i've seen 11s without forced induction.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
davesdeville said:
Too bad that a 11sec Civic is one in ten thousand or more...
maybe because i have at least two top honda tuners within hour from me but i see them quite often. Also when dealing forced induction, 11sec civic becomes common. 11sec civic i was referring to earlier was non forced fed, purely NA

1 - 15 of 15 Posts