Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
04 RAVEN BLACK CTS-V: FREEFLOW INTAKE w/K&N, MAGNAFLOW, CAGS
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I get woken up at 9 in the morning the day I'm flying out to California for vacation by a loud blast of thunder; winds up the being the thunder was actually an 18 year old punk ass smashing his focus into the back of my V pushing it 20 ft down the road, slamming the right rear wheel into the curb and in turn doing over 35k in damage to the car (total loss.)

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/560373233OmexaF

So where does this leave me; do I go for another V, do I try to find an extremely discounted STS-V, or what about an SRT-8 Cherokee????? Please let me know your thoughts people!!!

James

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
That sucks balls, man. Several other members have replaced totalled V's with another, so make it happen!

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,989 Posts
Real bummer! :rant2: As for as the STS-V and the SRT-8 Cherokee go, they're different animals than your CTS-V. Fast, yeah, but are you looking to go with an auto?

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
Wow, that really is a shame. All sick vehicles. Sts-v is a nice ride and the Cherokee is bad ass.

·
Registered
2006 Infrared CTS-V
122 Posts
Lance: Still got your CTS-V?
Vincent: Aw, man. You know what some f*er did the other day?
Lance: What?
Vincent: F*ing ran into it.
Lance: Oh, man, that's f*ed up.
Vincent: Tell me about it. I had it in front of my house and some dickless piece of s*t f*d with it.
Lance: They should be f*g killed. No trial, no jury, straight to execution.
Vincent: Boy, I wish I could've caught him doing it. I'd have given anything to catch that ass*e doing it. It'd been worth him doing it just so I could've caught him doing it.
Lance: What a f*r!
Vincent: What's more chickens*t than f*g with a man's automobile? I mean, don't f*k with another man's vehicle.
Lance: You don't do it.
Vincent: It's just against the rules.

·
Registered
'09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!
2,660 Posts
Sorry to hear about your V, but you are okay and that's all that matters!!!

So where does this leave me; do I go for another V, do I try to find an extremely discounted STS-V, or what about an SRT-8 Cherokee????? Please let me know your thoughts people!!!
Yes on the V
Yes on the STS-V if you cannot find the perfect used V
NO, NO, NO on the SRT-8 Cherokee, unless you are starting a soccer team or palnning a lot of trips to the grocery store.

·
Registered
05' CTS-V
3,718 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car dude :( Hope no one was seriously hurt, even the kid who trashed your car.

But man if you're looking for some possible deals on an STS-V check out chesrown cadillacs two listing in the classifieds currently. An 06 and 07 both black.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/showcat.php/cat/25
LIKE OMG Scott will give you such a better deal, Like go ask him for a 08 cts...he'll like totally give you his cell and let you borrow his laptop

:D :D :p

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
Glad to see that you are alright. As far as the next car...I would think about leasing an '07 and then stepping up to the '09 V in 24 months. Just my thought.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
LIKE OMG Scott will give you such a better deal, Like go ask him for a 08 cts...he'll like totally give you his cell and let you borrow his laptop

:D :D :p
:histeric:

Stop it, stop it.....

·
Registered
169 Posts

·
Registered
Nada
2,053 Posts
Sorry to hear about that man. You know, I thought about bringing my V up to Jersey earlier this summer when we were up visiting the in-laws. But I would have had to park on the street as well and I thought to myself, "with NJ drivers I'm not taking that chance." Glad I didn't.

As far as a replacement goes, I don't think you could go wrong with any of those you mentioned.

·
Registered
04 RAVEN BLACK CTS-V: FREEFLOW INTAKE w/K&N, MAGNAFLOW, CAGS
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the kind comments; I actually love the manual, but if I got a good deal I would go with an auto. Has anyone here gone from CTS to STS???? Any comments on comparison?? Anyone have the Jeep??? Keep the comments coming in my time of grieving!!!

James

P.S. The kid was fine except for a small cut on his hand and his chest hurt a little from the airbag; were very fortunate he didnt hit anyone since people are always walking dogs and my father was about to move my car back into the driveway since I was going away for a week!!

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
5,329 Posts
Hey James, sorry to hear about your car.

P.S. The kid was fine except for a small cut on his hand and his chest hurt a little from the airbag...
The kid's chest would hurt A LOT from the impact of my fist if he did that to my V...

·
Registered
'09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!
2,660 Posts
The kid's chest would hurt A LOT from the impact of my fist if he did that to my V...
Yeah that, and he was also be the newest member of the "Nose in the Back of the Head Club".

1 - 20 of 47 Posts