Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much thought I have decided to cut my losses and sell my 2001 STS for next to nothing, probably around $2-3k, take out a small loan, and get a new car. I have put at least that into it in the last 6 months but I just can't justify putting any more money into it. I am still undecided about sticking with Cadillac, if I do it will be a 2003-2005 CTS. Otherwise I am also considering a 300c or a G35. Its been a hard decision to make but she has to go, the bank account just can't take it any longer...

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
73,446 Posts
After much thought I have decided to cut my losses and sell my 2001 STS for next to nothing, probably around $2-3k, take out a small loan, and get a new car. I have put at least that into it in the last 6 months but I just can't justify putting any more money into it. I am still undecided about sticking with Cadillac, if I do it will be a 2003-2005 CTS. Otherwise I am also considering a 300c or a G35. Its been a hard decision to make but she has to go, the bank account just can't take it any longer...
Bummer............BUT 230,000 miles is a LOT for a gasoline powered car. That gives you 23,000 miles a year - twice the national average. Every piece of equipment with any sort of rotating bearing must be on its last legs.

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have no idea Sub. I have kept up with what I could, most of the engine/trans components have been replaced (trans, IAC, both coils, water pump, plenum, PCV, CKPs, x-over gaskets, etc.). But she's still riding on the original suspension, rack, ISS needs replacing bad, the A/C system needs a complete overhaul (doesn't work), rear leveling system needs servicing, both front heated seats don't work, ignition switch is hit or miss (been that way for 3 years), it's just time to move on. I got her with 84k back in June 2006 so I have put an average of 32k/year on her. She has "been around the block" to say the least, and I don't regret owning this car. I love this car and don't want to see it go but I just can't do it anymore.

·
Registered
2003 Seville STS White Diamond F55, L37 w/Nav
174 Posts
I have 263,000 on my 88 Lesabre t-type and still going strong..... no problems!! Caddy=$$$$$$$ Is it really worth it?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
73,446 Posts
As I said: Bummer. :sneaky: BUT you could find a nice 2003 F55 and start over............

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As I said: Bummer. :sneaky: BUT you could find a nice 2003 F55 and start over............
Was strongly considering that as I LOVE the look of these Sevilles, but I have a nice commute and need a little more fuel efficiency I think. If I find one with the right price though I might have to jump on it.

·
Registered
'08 DTS Lux III Blk Cherry, '89 Brougham d'Elegance Dip Blue
4,847 Posts
If you want to save it, can you keep it and find something else to drive?

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,497 Posts

·
Registered
'14 ATS Premium with 3 pedals | Past: '13 ATS Performance & '99 Seville STS
5,847 Posts
231K miles, that is a lot! And I should say the car has served you well and probably it is the time to move on.
It would be much better if you have sold the car without spending the money for transmission job, however the past is past.... the problems you listed require couple of grands to be fixed, and at the end you still have a very high millage car that any part is in its last days and may fail sooner or later...
and good luck with your next car... and by the way, if you want to buy CTS, instead of 2003-2005 years focus on 2004-2007 years. 2003 CTS comes with 3.2 liter engine and it is not that much powerful.... 3.6L engine is what you will like

·
Registered
'08 DTS Lux III Blk Cherry, '89 Brougham d'Elegance Dip Blue
4,847 Posts
The M45s are sharp, but I wasn't all that impressed with the one I drove. The N* is faster, sounds better, and probably more fuel efficient. The center stack is awkwardly shaped, hard to reach, and the controls are laid out strangely. Not to mention that to look so big, there's very little usable room in them. The one I drove was drop dead gorgeous, but I walked away unimpressed. Especially for the $13k asking price.

·
Registered
NONE
2,027 Posts
Listen to yourself!! An Infiniti...?? For 11k, you can find yourself a MINT 2003 Seville F55 STS with less than 50k on it. Curt, I just read your post in the 'Cadillac owners and their age' thread. "I will never drive anything else", or something like that :)

Don't abandon your roots!!

Any car can have problems!! That Infiniti is probably more expensive to maintain than an STS by the way!

·
Registered
'14 ATS Premium with 3 pedals | Past: '13 ATS Performance & '99 Seville STS
5,847 Posts
^
:yeah:
It is an overpriced car.... and I really do not think it holds better than your STS and I am unsure the clock reaches to 230k miles....

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Listen to yourself!! An Infiniti...?? For 11k, you can find yourself a MINT 2003 Seville F55 STS with less than 50k on it. Curt, I just read your post in the 'Cadillac owners and their age' thread. "I will never drive anything else", or something like that :)

Don't abandon your roots!!

Any car can have problems!! That Infiniti is probably more expensive to maintain than an STS by the way!
Yeah, if I can find one. I have found 3 2003 STS's within 200 miles of me, lowest mileage was 85k, asking $8,950, no NAV though. Found one with NAV, white, with 88k in Des Moines, asking $9,995.

·
Registered
NONE
2,027 Posts
Your '01 isn't going to self destruct if you don't find a car in a few days! Wait for one...

Just my advice...I know you've gone from a '95 STS to an '01 STS...Do you really want something else now?

·
Registered
2006 STS V Tango int
2,341 Posts
Yea a plane ride for the right STS is more than worth it, I think I will always own a seville as long as I can they're just beautiful cars, I've always liked those infinit's too but they seem like parts would be even harder to find, ever consider an 05 DTS last year made and still has tons of power only down side is no F55 just the same suspension you have now F45

1 - 20 of 77 Posts