Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well here goes nothing fellas...i am starting the 3.2L to the 3.6L engine swap...i will keep ya'll updated with pics and post...

the old engine out

the 3.6L that will be going in

the 3.2L that came out

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
nice. good luck man

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well for the price i got the 3.6, it was definitely a go on that route...then to factor in the whole plug and play thing, after all the research i have done it was definitely the 3.6 over anything else. i cant say for sure the 3.6 will even work, but i am attempting it...

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
well this current project came to a stop for a minute...i didnt realize the motor mount brackets are different and now i need to get them from the 04 i am pulling from (but the car has been currently moved and i cant get to it for about 3 weeks) or i need to get them from Cadillac (which we all knew they was going to tell me the word we hate to hear "backorder")

the good news though, everything fits in well and it looks as if everything should work out as well...so more to come when i get the motor mount brackets...

·
Registered
2014 SRX AWD Platinum Ice/2010 CTS Sedan 3.6 AWD Silver
644 Posts
I guess that's one way of avoiding having to change the timing belt ;)

-GT

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
are you changing the sub frame? is that what you mean by brackets? sounds like you have some 3.2l parts to sell off. the throttle body, and intake manifold would be a good project to port for the 3.2l. plus the timing belt and any pulleys and water pump if you changed them. are you swapping tranny's too?

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
yeah man, Tommy's right, i'd port them while you're waiting and got everything out already.

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i am swapping tranny's, havent gotten a new water pump just yet, but they are cheap compared to most parts...as far as trying to port the 3.2L intake manifold, i am definitely looking at that. my only problem is, if i do get this 3.6 in here, i want be the one to test the project for the intake manifold...but i would be more than willing to help somebody else out if they are interested...

im not changing the subframe itself, but there are brackets that mount to the motor mounts that in turn bolt to the engine. well the thread pattern on the 3.2L to the 3.6L brackets are slightly different, so that is the part i need. the motor mounts for the 3.2L though will work just fine...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts