Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know....all of a sudden I feel like I'm twenty years older. At only 22 years old, I'm not supposed to be looking at SUVs yet. I'm a sports car guy through and through. I bought my DTS because I wanted a high luxury road tripper, but the caddy that really flips my switch is the XLR. Now all of a sudden I'm really interested in the SRX. Maybe it was the good reviews in all the major automotive rags last month. Or maybe its the fact that it's based on the wonderfully tossable CTS, but it has an upscale interior, a V8, and all wheel drive. Something about it really apeals to me. I honestly keep thinking that I'd like to have one. That maybe it's the all wheel drive, blizzard capable vehicle that I've been wanting, it a package that won't relegate me to schoolbus style handling, and 0-60 in a year. Am I going nuts, or does this car looks pretty sweet to the rest of you?

Scott

·
Registered
3 Posts
Whether you like the styling or not of SRX, the performance aspect is simply incredible and almost unbeatable. Quite frankly, the only other vehicles really comparable to SRX are the Porsche Cayenne and BMW X5. And the SRX kills them both in price point, weight, and kills the X5 in power for the money.

We're definitely looking to purchase an SRX, and really the only other vehicle we're directly cross-shopping for what we need is the Porsche. In terms of its price, interior functionality, interior luxury, weight, performance, size (pretty much everything but towing capactiy) the SRX totally takes the cake. It's amazing that a year ago the X5 was the only vehicle that would suit our needs, and now its clearly overshadowed by the much better overall package of the SRX. How times change...

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
The SRX seems kind f girly to me...i dont know what it is but i could see my wife driving it but not me...maybe when i see it in person ill change my mind

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V estate
1,240 Posts
It's an SUV. A midsize SUV at that. I'm sure it will do well, and Cadillac is right for making it, but... midsize SUVs are always too big on the outside and too narrow on the inside. I need elbow room.

When I look at the SRX, I imagine it lower, wider, with a trunk... and I see the next STS. Then I imagine it still wider and I see the DeVille I want.

Hurry up, Cadillac.

·
Registered
4 Posts
LymanSS said:
Am I going nuts, or does this car looks pretty sweet to the rest of you?

Scott
If your going nuts then they'll have to commit the both of us;)
Personally, I think it's a fine looking ride. I'm anxious to see and drive it when it hit's the dealers lots. I'm hearing the end of the second quarter, beginning of third. Anyone hear any different?

Al

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Cadillac site still says summer 2003, so who knows. Ill admit the styling is growing on me, i saw a picture of a black one from a car show and it looked really nice. im gonna be in the market in the next 6-7 months so this may be on my list.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Brett said:
Cadillac site still says summer 2003, so who knows. Ill admit the styling is growing on me, i saw a picture of a black one from a car show and it looked really nice. im gonna be in the market in the next 6-7 months so this may be on my list.
Brett,
Now, picture your new Black SRX with 18" chrome wheels, YIKES!

Al

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah, the 18" chrome are part of one of the optional packages available. Is there any other way? Looks Great.

Al

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Ya know something. Put a trunk on that thing and it could be a nice BIG DeVille. :D That would be cool. BIG cars aren't very BIG anymore...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts