Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Dark Adriatic Metallic Blue Deville Sittin on 20 Chrome
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off let me say Happy Friday to all the Cadillac fanatics...

Hopfully this dosen't get locked or deleted... So I'll keep it short. Some might remember my recent rant about my 1997 Deville and Cadillac's quality. Well the time has come for me to close the Cadillac chapter in my life and move forward. Yes, the road has been long filled with Head Gaskets, Transmission Work, Rack and Pinion, and countless Electrical Issues. The purpose of this post it not to bash but to say thank you... Thank you, to all the members who have made my stay on this site a great one... All of your help, advice and insight are all appreciated.

For every chapter that is closed a new one must begin... This independence day I picked up a 2004 Nissan Maxima with 26K. What can I say they made me an offer I couldn't refuse... :) To all take care and enjoy your weekend!!!

Sorry for the Cell Phone Pics...

·
Registered
Cadillac
30 Posts
I own two 97 Devilles. One had "the" transmission problem right at 100k miles but I was lucky enough to have it fixed reasonably (I'm a car dealer).

The other one had "the" heater blower motor problem. Installed a used one that did fit w/o moving the engine.

All in all I am happy with the two devilles. They both ride like..... Cadillacs!!!

D

·
0 Posts
You dont have to leave. You can hang here and bitch about them like I do. :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,052 Posts
:thepan: At least you could have gone to a '67 Camaro instead of a riceburner. Please keep everyone informed on any problems.........!

·
Registered
1996 Deville (sold), 2000 Mustang GT
1,300 Posts
Wasn't someone just asking whether they should get a maxima or a deville? I think your question just got answered.

Yea I ditched the Deville awhile ago, but I stick around. There aren't enough problems on the bronco forums.

D

·
0 Posts
There aren't enough problems on the bronco forums.
Yeah, this is by far the most interesting section of the forum All the head gasket posts and other problems, its non stop, especially in the summer months cause thats when most of the cooling issues occur. I'm on Mark VIII forums and you dont hear about a whole lot of problems save for air bag suspensions here and there. I'm in the RWD Fleetwood forums and there's hardly ever any big problem posts, just guys resotoring cars or fixing cars up. Cant recall one head gasket issue in my 4 years on this site.

·
Registered
1997 Dark Adriatic Metallic Blue Deville Sittin on 20 Chrome
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You dont have to leave. You can hang here and bitch about them like I do.
I might do that... I would only post in the kill section about GM cars I dusted... LOL

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Nice choice, the Maximas are sweet cars!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts