Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my friends, i've been thinking about my CTS(wait keep reading theres a reason why i posted here) and it seems like i can get much more for my money if I got a 2006 Dodge Charger R/T. iam getting the CTS with the 2.8 for 29.9k. I can get a Charger R/T for 29.9 with the 340hp Hemi, leather seats, 18inch wheels 340hp...340hp oh yeah and 340hp! Its also has that MDS where it shuts down 4 cylinders when you dont need it so it gets 17/22ish mpg, same as what the 2.8 is said to get. So what do you all think of the new Charger? Oh and a note to all who know me on here, if i get the Charger i'll still stay around to give Ralph a hard time....that is if iam not shunned by all for getting a Dodge :hide:

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the 300c with the hemi is closer the 40k, and maybe it was 25mpg i wasnt 100% on. Honestly i like the Charger style better then the 300c.

·
Banned
7,971 Posts
The base 300 starts at 24,200. The C only comes with the 5.7L 340hp hemi and starts at 34,100. The SRT-8 (6.1L 425hp) is the 40k one at 42695.

Oh, and the Charger is rated at 17/25 too just like the 300C.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, i still like the Charger better then the 300. And for me 4 grand is alot. I didnt get the 3.6 CTS cause it was 3k more.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Dodge or Cadillac?

Answers on a postcard

I also wish you the best fo luck, but if you get the dodge you wil drive up to CTS's and think to yourself "i nearly bought one of those, but i got this thing instead"

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
mccombie_5 said:
Dodge or Cadillac?

Answers on a postcard

I also wish you the best fo luck, but if you get the dodge you wil drive up to CTS's and think to yourself "i nearly bought one of those, but i got this thing instead"
If he can drive up. My dodge had nothing but problems.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
Honestly, the Charger is the ugliest of the three! The Magnum looks best. I can tell you from owning three Dodge trucks in a row before buying another Tahoe, you will be dissapointed with the mileage.

·
Banned
7,971 Posts
"I had me a Chebby wunce think it wuz one of them mid 90s Cavaliers, and it sucked. So I aint gunna buy me no GM made Cadillac thats fo shure."

Basing your decisions based on prior experiances with completely different cars with different powertrains is a rather stupid thing to do. If people kept doing that, Cadillac would've died with the HT4100.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, i really dont think of a car as an investment. I know i'll never get what i put into any car. I had more problems with my Coupe Deville then my step-dad had with his Caravan, and they had about the same miles. The looks thing is a matter of opinion, but i did ask for that so thats cool, i love the looks of the Charger. The more i think about it the more a car like the Charger fits me. I love the sound of a V8, i want a quick 4 door. CTS has its problems too, with those rear ends, dont think i'd have that problem with the 2.8 though. Iam still in the reseach stage of this idea.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
If you're going Dodge, get a Magnum, not a Charger.

You might think you're getting more features for the money, but you're not getting better quality.

·
Banned
7,971 Posts
We really don't have much idea on the resale of the Charger being that it's brand freakin new. The 300C seems to be holding up pretty well. I don't like the Magnum, it's just funny looking, give me an 80s LTD Country Squire with a 500 in it if I want a powerful wagon.

·
Registered
574 Posts
i didnt really like the magnum til i saw the new charger and then i started to like it more and more. i do actually like the looks of the new charger. along with the new mustang they gave it an old muscle car look without being too retro that its corny. i think the charger is a great looking car. and i would say more power to you devillish if you get it. btw, how much more is the srt8 version?

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
I test drove a 3.5 HO Charger last week. There were a couple things I noticed and I do like it but here they are......very cheap and hard plastic on top of the dash near the window. It will definately begin to rattle and it was actually worse than my old 1991 Grand Marquis, and tops the list for "cheapo" plastic. The ride was very choppy! I can't imagine how much worse it would be with the R/T and "stiffer" suspension. Still, I prefer the Charger over the Magnum simply because I still hate the 1970's for all those station wagons I was forced to ride around in that my parents friends' owned with cheapo wood panalling! I don't like stationwagons no matter how cool or trendy they are right now. I also like a secure, locable area for storage, namely the trunk. You don't get that with the Magnum and all anyone has to do to acquire your suitcases is break a window and take them from the Magnum.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
11 Participants
LittleB