Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, need some advice. All 3 ELR’s I have driven including the one I bought had a VERY annoying rattle from the rear deck going down the road or from certain bass frequencies. I have been able to identify the spot the rattle comes from, seems to me that the rattle is between the rear deck and whatever is under it. I need to stop it cause it’s making me crazy.
Have any of you already taken care of this? Thanks if so how did you do it?

Thanks in advance! I am freaking loving my ELR!

Galvin

·
Cadillac Owners Troll
2019 CT6 Sport 3.0TT,2015 Luxury ATS , 2016 ELR, and Volt
2,315 Posts
Ok guys, need some advice. All 3 ELR’s I have driven including the one I bought had a VERY annoying rattle from the rear deck going down the road or from certain bass frequencies. I have been able to identify the spot the rattle comes from, seems to me that the rattle is between the rear deck and whatever is under it. I need to stop it cause it’s making me crazy.

Galvin
I haven't experienced that

·
Registered
2016 ELR
101 Posts
Assuming it is the same issue I had, it is the speaker grill rubbing against the rear window glass. Would happen if the radio was loud enough, and only the certain bass sounds as you mention. Had the boy in the back seat troubleshoot - even lightly pressing the grill made the noise stop.

I climbed in the back seat and stuck some tape as a separator between the grill and the glass - problem gone. Fix has lasted 4 years so far.

·
Registered
2014 ELR fully loaded baby!
147 Posts

Galvin
YES! The sound system already leaves a bit to be desired and then the damn rattle when you crank it up is so annoying! I've been wondering what to do to fix it but I'll give your solution a shot.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
YES! The sound system already leaves a bit to be desired and then the damn rattle when you crank it up is so annoying! I've been wondering what to do to fix it but I'll give your solution a shot.
it works very well! I will be adding a little more “stuffing” tomorrow. Lol.
Try this if you have an IPhone. Go to settings, music, scroll down to EQ, set it to rock, then set you bass all the way up or 1-2 notches down, mids all the way down or 1 up and treble all the way up. This helps solve the old Bose problem that is the reasoning for the saying “if there’s no highs or lows it must be Bose” Bose is good stuff in higher end cars you just have to out tune their engineers and for me the way has always been a double classic V through the EQ which is what we are doing here. Let me know what you think!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts