• Close the forum and ban HotRodSaint from the site

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Close the forum and ban Scourge from the site

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Close the forum and ban them both from this site

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Leave this forum alone

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • So how much are you guys willing to pay for my vote?

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This forum was set aside to take political issues out of the lounge. When it was first formed, it was a lively and diverse group. Lot's of ideas, opinions and personalities.

But like all groups, people have left and others have joined. These personalities are what guides the personality of the forum.

Latley, this forum has suffered a sever lack of decorum and civility.

Debate about issues, is now secondary to name calling.

The moderators/admins are nice to allow this forum to exist, they could have shut down all political discussions. This was discussed many times.

But politcal discussion have become secondary to the pot stirring now taking place.

Since this is a political forum, and democracy is what we all want, I thought it'd be good for everyone to be able to vote for what is best for this section.

So comment if you wish, but please vote even if you don't want to comment. I'll leave the 'who voted for what' feature turned off, so as not to embarrass anyone in public.

Let's see demcoracy at work, and maybe even learn something at the sametime.

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
Ban scourge.

He is the one who brought this forum this low, and its not because hes liberal that I don't like him; RB was/is liberal and he never resorted to things as low as scourge has. Scourge is a troll - plain and simple.

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, it looks like this section is now closed. Since the moderators/admin didn't really like the idea in the first place, I don't think there is much of a chance of it opening back up.

I know that some people will be disappointed and many will seek to point their fingers in blame. Some will even blame me. Maybe I am partially to blame.

But my opinion is that it was mostly a lack of a routine moderator that allowed people to think they could get completley out of control. This lack of daily supervision also allowed people to get away with visiting just to stir up trouble and leave.

But everyone will have their own version of reality, and this is why we disgreed on issues in the first place.

To everyone who participated, thanks for the memories!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts