Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Cadillac Maniac
13,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's in all your hands now, guys.. The "reputation" system has been enabled and you can ban one another into oblivion. When a member gets enough bad reputation, they automatically fall into a banned usergroup. This means that if enough people think the member is a problem, that member will go away. It may take some tweaking as time goes along but the system is in place.

Members can see what reputation you give them in their control panel. I suggest everyone be on their best behavior from now on...

DISCUSS...

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
How does one "score" another member? How much influence will one person be able to have on another user? Just want to make sure one member with a beef against another wont be able to harm them too much without support from others.

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Thanks Sal. I hope it works out well.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Thanks, hopefully behaviors change for the best and no one gets banned.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I really havn't seen anyone get out of hand but I guess this will help keep people in check if they start to get out of line. Good idea. -Mac

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
It used to get quite heated in the CI forum (good riddance) and it did last nighti n the Lounge, it happens, and that would be one of those cases like last night

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
DDS rollin a CTS said:
How does one "score" another member? How much influence will one person be able to have on another user? Just want to make sure one member with a beef against another wont be able to harm them too much without support from others.
Okay, the question was asked, so what's the answer? How do you use the system?

·
Cadillac Maniac
13,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If I'm not mistaken, they're banned until (and if) that decision is reversed...

The system covers a lot of bases. The longer you're here, the more powerful your reputation-altering power is. The more posts you have, the higher as well. It doesn't make a WHOLE lot of difference as I see it now, but it makes somewhat of a difference.

A member with a lot of positive reputation has more rep-altering power than a member with negative reputation. The better rep you have, the more impact you have on another member's reputation...

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
...And to keep track of your reputation, go into your User CP, and it's right under the list of your subscribed threads.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts
About this Discussion
119 Replies
22 Participants
Lord Cadillac