Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Typical american car crap.... My Onstar Antenna fell off (yes thats right it *FELL OFF* at 28k miles, cant believe im even having to type such nonsense) somewhere today and I couldnt find it. Its very interesting though because theres no actual physical connection between the inside plate and the outside plate, it was just an adhesive sticking it on. Im wondering if I can replace it with anything or if the clean look is better. Whats the consensus? Onstar dialing still seems to work and I dont even subscribe to it anyway. I swear this car is sooo lucky I have a big soft spot for it.

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Playdrv4me said:
Typical american car crap.... My Onstar Antenna fell off (yes thats right it *FELL OFF* at 28k miles, cant believe im even having to type such nonsense) somewhere today and I couldnt find it. Its very interesting though because theres no actual physical connection between the inside plate and the outside plate, it was just an adhesive sticking it on. Im wondering if I can replace it with anything or if the clean look is better. Whats the consensus? Onstar dialing still seems to work and I dont even subscribe to it anyway. I swear this car is sooo lucky I have a big soft spot for it.
I found it in my work parking lot today where I parked my brand new BMW :-|

Typical...

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It is...er was, but I got rid of it Wednesday in lieu of the BMW. It really was a total lemon, been in the shop about every week since I bought it. Its a sad sad story because I really liked it, but I jumped into the cockpit of my new BMdub for about 20 bucks more a month and am very happy with it. Plus I dont think the antenna falling off would have qualified for a warranty replacement, or maybe it would have, it wasnt even one of the issues that concerned me like the steering, transmission and interior problems.

Ill actually probly hang around just cause I love talkin Caddys and STSs tho.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I'm sure the dealer wouldn't have had any problem covering the antenna under warranty.
We had a guy the other day that wanted his headlamps covered under warranty because they were out. He failed to mention that they were out because he tore the front of his car up by hitting a deer. When he was told that hitting things was not covered, he threatened to sue. He was told we'll see him in court.

·
Registered
377 Posts
whats funny, is bmw's have problem after problem, but there always thought of as relieable, its excusable to have a problem in them, but not in cadillacs. if it fell off, couldn't some $3.00 double sided tape put it back up?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
When you do not like your car anymore, no matter want anyone says on how great the car is . In your mind it is history.
I had a Venture Van that I had for work with a problem that GM would not fix. Was never so happy when I could unload it.
I hope you happy with your BMW
By the way I think my wife really want the 2 seater BMW. I could see trading the the STS for it as a XLR is just too much money.Since the Caddy is her everyday ride and my is the Z-71

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
airbalancer, I think your wife would be extremely happy with one of the two seater BMWs, but be warned, at least in my case, you do miss the general "big car" feel of the cadillac. The BMW feels like a glove, the Cadillac felt more like a comfortable couch on wheels, but in any case it wasnt worth keeping.

As far as reliability goes, I dont necessarily think that BMWs are any less or more reliable, but they are much better built, and that shows through in every interior component, NON RATTLE, and overall feel of the vehicle. With the Cadillac every day was a new noise, rattle, or problem. Even when I wanted to accept some of the problems, the whole car itself kept nudging me away with every little snap crackle or pop. And some 3.00 tape huh? I think were missing the point here, I SHOULDNT HAVE TO TAPE PIECES OF MY CAR TOGETHER AT 28000 MILES!!

And in actuality, the SES light came on my BMW tonight,probably because I was stupid and let it get low on fuel,but I am not sweating it because my BMW warranty and service people are hands down awesome, and the rest of the car still screams "drive me, touch me, enjoy your everyday driving experience with me". The Cadillac never tried that hard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts