Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just I who feels that the illustrious almighty 34 speakers PANARAY System in the 2018 premium CT6 is a bit “ lackluster “ to say the least?.... or am I not just hearing something ?✨

·
Registered
2016 XTS Vsport Platinum
74 Posts
Is it just I who feels that the illustrious almighty 34 speakers PANARAY System in the 2018 premium CT6 is a bit “ lackluster “ to say the least?.... or am I not just hearing something ��✨

Bose advertises on TV how their one speaker Wave fills your house with rich sound, but insists it needs 34 speakers to hear in your car. LOL.

·
Registered
202 Posts
What are you listening to? Any radio will benefit from lossless audio files on either a phone or flash drive.

The absolutely worse offender to the audiophile is satellite radio as the signal is so heavily compressed.... it might as well be AM radio..

·
Registered
2019 CT6 Platinum
102 Posts
My experience with Bose Panaray.....At loud volumes it does just fine, but at low volumes the signature Bose bass sort of muddles things. In that regard I have the bass proportionately turned down.

But then again, perhaps all that it due to my aged hearing!

·
Registered
2016 CT6 3.0TT Platinum
99 Posts
What are you listening to? Any radio will benefit from lossless audio files on either a phone or flash drive.

The absolutely worse offender to the audiophile is satellite radio as the signal is so heavily compressed.... it might as well be AM radio..
Very true. Try playing a CD or a 320kbps MP3. If you have an iPhone I think you can play songs in Apple’s proprietary lossless codec; I have all my CDs ripped to 320kbps MP3s stored on my iPhone and they sound great on the Panaray system.

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
274 Posts
I play songs off my iPhone, and at loud volume, wow - I think it's a FANTASTIC system.

It sounds as good as many aftermarket systems. I'm impressed!

And it's 38 speakers.

(as long as the headphones are in the car!)

·
Registered
2018 CT6 Premium Luxury
130 Posts
Honestly, compared to the 19-speaker Mark Levinson system in my Lexus LS460, I think the Panaray is inferior. That is quite a disappointment to me. The louder it is, the better it is, but I'm not out there listening to music at high volumes on a regular (or even semi-regular) basis.

As to the quality of satellite radio...it's just awful. They should be ashamed to peddle such a poor quality product.

·
Registered
2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk
994 Posts
I too had the Mark Levinson in my LS460 and personally I think the Bose Panary that was in my 2017 CT6 was better. The Mark Levinson had a low tone from the bass that would bother my ears, a few other owners reported the same.
IMO the Bose Panaray greatly improves the XM Satellite listening experience and over all sound was more crisp and almost like listening to a live concert.
I only purchased the Bose Panaray out of curiosity and with a GM discount it was below the $3,700.00 list price. I have the Bose Premium 14 speaker in my 2019 XTS and find it to be comparable to the Panaray. If I had purchased a 2019 CT6 I would not have purchased Bose Panaray packaged in with rear entertainment for $5,700.00.
IMO no sound system in a car is worth the kind of money that is being ask for these so called top of the line sound systems. I have had Lexus, Jaguar and Cadillac and the top sound systems in all three were IMO not all that impressive. As far as Cadillac is concerned I would rather see a better CUE or in the case of the 2016-2018 CT6 a better transmission.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts