Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
2017 XT5 Platinum Stellar Black Metallic/Maple Sugar
670 Posts
A video of me in the car...TURN THE VOLUME DOWN...LOL...Your only warning :)

The links to the videos are broken and now we are sitting here with bated breath, a cooler of beer and a bag of Doritos just waiting. :)

·
Registered
2017 XT5 Premium Luxury AWD; 2013 SRX Performance AWD
136 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
I agree with the rest of the crew here! :thumbsup:

I do not think there are any C-O-L-O-Rs that the XT5 won't look it's best in! LOL ;)
I happen to agree, but I will also say that there are certain colors that really pop on the XT5.

My favorites in order are:
1) Red (only reason I didn't get this color is it costs even more than the others. WTF, its paint?!)
2) Black
3) Blue

·
Registered
670 Posts
Gave my XT5 some love today. It wasn't that dirty but there was some road spray on the sides from the recent wet roads. Bought some Meguiar's Quick Detail along with a spray can of Black Magic Tire Wet Foam and went to work. Took less than an hour and turned out nice :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 XT5 Platinum Dark Adriatic Blue w/ Maple Sugar Interior
80 Posts
Didn't yours come with a cover for the hitch? I have seen the hitches covered in several pictures.
It's on backorder and the part won't get in until after July 4 :/

According to my dealer but my car sits in a garage so the elements shouldn't be an issue during the summer :)

·
Registered
CT6 Platinum White Tri-coat with Super Cruise
661 Posts
Nice. However the front plate detracts from the clean lines of the car. On the other hand, it catches bugs and you don't have to worry about the paint when you scrape them off. ��

·
Registered
136 Posts
Nice. However the front plate detracts from the clean lines of the car. On the other hand, it catches bugs and you don't have to worry about the paint when you scrape them off. ��
Keep in mind that in many jurisdictions you do not have a choice, front license plates are mandatory. Here in the not-so-great-state of NY, the revenue generating militia will ticket you in about 5 nanoseconds if you are caught with no front plate. I've no doubt that it's different in SC.

·
Registered
2017 XT5 Premium AWD
154 Posts
Keep in mind that in many jurisdictions you do not have a choice, front license plates are mandatory. Here in the not-so-great-state of NY, the revenue generating militia will ticket you in about 5 nanoseconds if you are caught with no front plate. I've no doubt that it's different in SC.
So true for us too here in Ontario, if I could take that off i would trust me.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Ohio requires front plates also. Interestingly, my dealer asked me if I wanted the bracket installed or not. :confused:

·
Registered
XT4 RED SPORT
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
Having to be stuck with front plates in NY is just one reason why I like to get personalized plates on my vehicles, thus if I have to look at the front plate at least it should be a nice looking plate! :D

On my Chevy SSR I have 1-SSR plate -minus the added animation of course LOL ...

·
Registered
CT6 Platinum White Tri-coat with Super Cruise
661 Posts
Of course we're different in SC. We are FREE and some of us take the dealer paper tag (if we bother to get one) off after our second ticket. :) :)

·
Registered
Cadillac CT6 (2019)
2,313 Posts
Certain vehicles look good in one or a few colors; when a vehicle looks good in all the colors then that's when you have good design.

Here's my latest addition:

41 - 60 of 290 Posts