Cadillac Owners Forum banner

201 - 220 of 289 Posts

·
Registered
XT4 RED SPORT
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
Re: Post Your New Cadillac XT5 Photos Here!

Hello,
First of all I want to ask you a thousand pardons for the English you are reading since I do not speak it.
After reading and enjoying, several months, your forum and a five-month wait for us to deliver the XT5 I want to share my experience of the first 1,500 km (trip from Munich to Barcelona).
We are delighted with it.
My XT5 is the only one in Spain (we live in Barcelona) and it's a gift for my wife. He fell in love with XT5 when we were in New York in January.
In Spain it is not sold and we had to buy it in Germany via Cadillac Europe. We have only been able to choose the color of the body (Deep Amethyst Metallic) and of the tapiceria (Maple Sugar). It could only be Platinum with all the extras of help.
For our companion make it clear that comes with indicators in the rearview mirrors.
I attach three photographs.
A hug to everyone.
Great photos and an awesome color combination too! By-the-way you certainly do have one extra Loooooong license plate in Spain! LOL

FYI: I am sure that your wife will love the XT5 Platinum model with all the nice extras. :D Now we certainly won't ask you how much your Platinum XT5 cost having to have been routed through Germany but we are sure it had to be very expensive $$$ indeed when it ended up in SPAIN! ;)

*If you get a chance could you please take a couple of close-up photos of your outside mirrors with the turn indicators? We are all wondering if these mirrors are indeed larger than our North American XT5 models are and if they might be inter-changeable too.

·
Registered
2017 XT5 Prem Lux: Bronze Dune Metallic/Cirrus
362 Posts

Hello,
First of all I want to ask you a thousand pardons for the English you are reading since I do not speak it.
After reading and enjoying, several months, your forum and a five-month wait for us to deliver the XT5 I want to share my experience of the first 1,500 km (trip from Munich to Barcelona).
We are delighted with it.
My XT5 is the only one in Spain (we live in Barcelona) and it's a gift for my wife. He fell in love with XT5 when we were in New York in January.
In Spain it is not sold and we had to buy it in Germany via Cadillac Europe. We have only been able to choose the color of the body (Deep Amethyst Metallic) and of the tapiceria (Maple Sugar). It could only be Platinum with all the extras of help.
For our companion make it clear that comes with indicators in the rearview mirrors.
I attach three photographs.
A hug to everyone. View attachment 468786 View attachment 468794 View attachment 468802
Beautiful car!

Congratulations!!

·
Registered
7 Posts

Hey Marc,

That is a great picture. I really enjoyed today's visit. We have known each other since we both drove around in our Chevy SSR's. You wisely kept yours.
I have to tell the Forum members (as if they don't already know).......Marc is a terrific source of information. He enjoys sharing it as well.

Hope to see you again soon.
Jim

·
Registered
362 Posts
Welcome to the forum, JimWNY! :)

Nice lookin' ride!

I didn't realize that the rear bumpers looked different on the XT5's with the towing package until I saw both of your XT5's next to each other like that. ^

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you for the welcome.
I'm new to the Forum and also getting acquainted with the XT5.

I believe the rear bumper difference is Marc's Platinum vs. my Base model.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Thank you for the welcome.
I'm new to the Forum and also getting acquainted with the XT5.

I believe the rear bumper difference is Marc's Platinum vs. my Base model.
Ah! I didn't realize that the Platinum had a different bumper then. :)

·
Registered
XT4 RED SPORT
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
...I didn't realize that the rear bumpers looked different on the XT5's with the towing package until I saw both of your XT5's next to each other like that. ^
It is very easy to recognize the XT5's towing pkg. option once you see it because it comes with a unique "bump-out" hitch cover as seen in the image below. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
362 Posts
It is very easy to recognize the XT5's towing pkg. option once you see it because it comes with a unique "bump-out" hitch cover as seen in the image below. :)
I have the towing package! I just don't think I've seen the chrome bumper before.

·
Registered
362 Posts

·
Registered
2013 SRX (sold) 2017 XT5 Dark Granite / Jet Black
284 Posts

Hello,
I attach a photos of the mirrors.
regards View attachment 469322
Thanks to PPablo for taking the time to photograph and measure the side mirrors. It's very appreciated

I took measure of our North America (NA) mirrors. First is European model as reported by PPablo and second the NA model

20.5 cm 20.5 cm
6 cm 6 cm
11 cm 11 cm
5 cm 5 cm
7 cm 7 cm
17 cm 15.5 cm
16 cm 13.5 cm

So if we want the turn indicators, we need to change the whole casing and the mirror. Probably the base section and the inside mechanism is the same as ours.

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,361 Posts

Hello,
I attach a photos of the mirrors.
regards
For future reference, note that saving your pictures in JPG format makes the file size smaller, which makes it easier to host them here on the site. The PNG format results in larger file sizes. Of your 4 pics, the 1 that is JPG is physically 2-3x larger, but has the smallest file size.

·
Registered
362 Posts

For future reference, note that saving your pictures in JPG format makes the file size smaller, which makes it easier to host them here on the site. The PNG format results in larger file sizes. Note that of your 4 pics, the 1 that is JPG is physically 2-3x larger, but has the smallest file size.
Looks like you're in the Navy? Thank you for your service to our country!

:usflag:

·
Registered
2017 XT5 Premium Luxury - Dark Adriatic Blue/Cirrus (past - '11 SRX, '14 ELR)
422 Posts
Once I get it cleaned up, I'll post a picture, but last week I took delivery on my Premium Luxury FWD, dark Adriatic Blue (absolutely stunning!) with Cirrus interior, Driver Assist Package and towing. It was a dealer trade as I insisted on FWD, and the only small problem is pin stripes.... I guess I just like a simpler look. But you take what you get at the end of the year!
Got a great deal on the price and $6k in incentives (lease pull-ahead, loyalty and something called the Cadillac Bonus Program), and 0% for 3 yrs.
While I liked the ELR, I am so happy to be back in a Crossover! And out from under the mileage limits of leasing and electric! Its just not for my mentality.... :tisk:

·
Registered
2020 XT6 Premium Luxury AWD - Horizon Red/Jet Black
269 Posts
Once I get it cleaned up, I'll post a picture, but last week I took delivery on my Premium Luxury FWD, dark Adriatic Blue (absolutely stunning!) with Cirrus interior, Driver Assist Package and towing. It was a dealer trade as I insisted on FWD, and the only small problem is pin stripes.... I guess I just like a simpler look. But you take what you get at the end of the year!
Got a great deal on the price and $6k in incentives (lease pull-ahead, loyalty and something called the Cadillac Bonus Program), and 0% for 3 yrs.
While I liked the ELR, I am so happy to be back in a Crossover! And out from under the mileage limits of leasing and electric! Its just not for my mentality.... :tisk:
Good choice! I have a Premium Luxury AWD in the same color combo. Congrats!

201 - 220 of 289 Posts