Cadillac Owners Forum banner
681 - 685 of 685 Posts

·
Registered
70 Deville 78 Seville 92 Deville 03 Deville
1,097 Posts
I always knew it would be up to the chinese to bring this size out of extinction. I hope they still make them when my Hankooks wear out.

·
Registered
95 FWB 81SDV 96 FWB 94 Fleetwood
1,751 Posts
I have been keeping a eye on that CA. tire store and when they had the Vitour-Galaxy back in stock I ordered 4. I just got them yesterday. They are P235/70R15 White Wall. Planing to get them on soon. The web site said they are rated at 130mph, but I ain't going to see 100... The price went up $5 a tire to $120 a tire plus shipping. But I will say they got here real fast, less than a week cross country.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have been keeping a eye on that CA tire store and when they had the Vitour-Galaxy back in stock I ordered 4. I just got them yesterday. They are P235/70R15 White Wall. Planing to get them on soon.
Thank you @drmenard for posting about the Vitor Galaxy R1 235/70R15 WW tire:

I look forward to your impressions. Meanwhile, I found a review by @GoremanX on the Impala SS forum last year:

AFAICT, the Vitor company is South African but the tire that GoremanX bought was made in China. Can you check the TIN on yours, to figure out whether yours were from China or SA? FWIW, the 235/75R15 Hankook Kinergy ST WW tires that I own were manufactured in the USA by a Korean company.

·
Registered
95 FWB 81SDV 96 FWB 94 Fleetwood
1,751 Posts
The code is XU and this what I found.
XU1XUSHANDONG ZHONGYI RUBBER CO., LTD.GUANGRAO, DONGYING, SHANDONGCHINA

·
Registered
11 Posts
The code is XU and this what I found.
XU1XUSHANDONG ZHONGYI RUBBER CO., LTD.GUANGRAO, DONGYING, SHANDONGCHINA
Thank you @drmenard for posting this info.

In related matters, could you or other folks comment on the difference between the two Vogue tires that Performance Plus sells in 235/70R15 -- CBR vii versus CBR viii ? The latter seems to sport a more modern thread and it is rated for higher loads and speeds (106H vs. 103T), but the prices are the same. What am I missing?

Has the 106H CRviii 235/70 been replaced by the CBRviii 109H 235/75R15 ?

681 - 685 of 685 Posts