Cadillac Owners Forum banner
661 - 680 of 685 Posts

·
Registered
1984 Eldorado Biarritz, 1983 Sedan deVille
1,499 Posts
A buddy and I tried Suretrac, between us we receieved 8/8 tires with blems. I sent mine back, he opted to get his installed and in addition to the coffee staining that all whitewalls besides the super expensive ones develop now, the white stripe started cracking. Shame because they look almost totally identical to the OEM whitewall.

225 is probably the best width for 77-92. 235 is really wide.

·
Registered
'91 Brougham
108 Posts
A buddy and I tried Suretrac, between us we receieved 8/8 tires with blems. I sent mine back, he opted to get his installed and in addition to the coffee staining that all whitewalls besides the super expensive ones develop now, the white stripe started cracking. Shame because they look almost totally identical to the OEM whitewall.

225 is probably the best width for 77-92. 235 is really wide.
I had read reviews that a few people had issues with brown staining coming through the whitewalls. Just wondering if anyone had tried them. I suppose I'll stick with the Runway Enduros if I can find them again.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
10,583 Posts
Mom's Enduros have the brown on the edges. A few years mounted, less than 500km driven, garaged only. Still look good, though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I much prefer the 235/75R15 over the 235/70R15 size for both the 1994-1996 Roadmasters and Fleetwoods. I currently have 235/70R15 Vogues on my 1996 Fleetwood, and I can't wait for the tires to wear out in 50,000 or so miles from now so I can put those Hankooks on it! The Hankooks wear out much sooner. But they fill the wheel wells better than these diminutive Vogues do. On my Roadmasters I run truck tires. Michelin white letter 235/75R15. They are a bit too wide as it is not easy to squeeze them between the brake drum and the rear fender, especially in the passenger's side. I have owned 4 1994-96 Fleetwoods and 4 1994-96 Roadmasters and ALL of them have slightly less space between the brake drum and the right rear fender than the left.

·
Registered
2000 Deville DHS
1,509 Posts
I started detailing a car that has whitewalls today. I’m interested to see if anyone can guess what kind of car this is.. It’s Not a Cadillac.

The small peek of the fender may tell you a little, or may tell you alot. The wheels are original to the car.

Can anyone guess what kind of car that is?

·
Registered
68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brgm, 11 CTS Premium (two)
1,746 Posts
Any recent finds in 235-70-15 in WSW??

·
Registered
96 Fleetwood, 94 Fleetwood, 07 CTS, & 94 Caprice Wgn
828 Posts
Hankook is a Korean company but it manufactures the replacement for the Optimo H724 (the new Kinergy ST 235/75R15 aka the H735) here in the gold old USA
I wouldn't call that size tire a replacement. It does fit, but that size is a truck tire and looks it.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Nowadays it is mainly a light truck size, but it WAS the tire size for the full size RWD Cadillacs (and Eldorado) through 1976. It's a little oversize for the 1993-1996 Fleetwoods and has too tall a profile for me, but it does fit and as long as the tire has a P in front of it and not an LT, it's a car tire.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
The Vitours seem to be out of stock as performance tires. There is a brand called Dimax out there. anyone ever use it?

·
Registered
'91 Brougham
108 Posts
I too am looking for a new all season Whitewall for my 91 Brougham as the Runway Enduro WWs have been discontinued. Guy at Mavis told me no one makes WWs anymore, have to find them yourself online.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I ordered 5 of the Dimax 235-70-15 from Performance Plus tires in calif. The tire is V rated. I can't wait for the Vitour ones.The folks at PP told me that the Vitours in this size come in every so often and sell out almost immediately. We'll see.

The 225-75-15 for RWDs up to 1992 is still available through normal tire store channels and so is 235-75-15 for the big boys 1976 and earlier.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I too am looking for a new all season Whitewall for my 91 Brougham as the Runway Enduro WWs have been discontinued. Guy at Mavis told me no one makes WWs anymore, have to find them yourself online.
Hankook still makes your size in WW

·
Registered
70 Deville 78 Seville 92 Deville 03 Deville
1,097 Posts
I ordered 5 of the Dimax 235-70-15 from Performance Plus tires in calif. The tire is V rated. I can't wait for the Vitour ones.The folks at PP told me that the Vitours in this size come in every so often and sell out almost immediately. We'll see.

The 225-75-15 for RWDs up to 1992 is still available through normal tire store channels and so is 235-75-15 for the big boys 1976 and earlier.
Well that's good news! :):):)

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Well, they seem to be OK so far. The whitewalls haven't yellowed or browned out, I don't drive it much but took it out yeasterday, and the car is quiet and smooth on the roads. I haven't gotten it up to triple digit speeds on the new tires yet, but up to 75 or so it's nice and quiet.

One issue, and I'm not overly pleased with this, is that they are made in chicom china, but that's me. The blurb on the web site cites Singapore, but it does not specifically state made in Singapore. The others, Vitour, are from South Africa, but they are almost always sold out.

·
Registered
96 Fleetwood, 94 Fleetwood, 07 CTS, & 94 Caprice Wgn
828 Posts
One issue, and I'm not overly pleased with this, is that they are made in chicom china, but that's me.

I get it: the number plates on my wife's CTS says "BUY USA", and my Yukon XL says "BUY US". Unfortunately, it's harder to do every day.

Tom

661 - 680 of 685 Posts