Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. You may have notice we've got a new top section. Please let me know if there are any imperfections. I am a perfectionist so I want it perfect. :)

Known issues:

On my laptop, in-between the text and the image, there's some light grey mixed in with the black. I don't see this on my monitor. Do you? Hopefully, it's just happening on really bad resolutions - like my laptop. :p

There's a little black spec on the bottom right hand side of the image. That's part of the headlight configuration. It's supposed to be there. Shall I get rid of it?

Thanks...

Sal

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
You are! But it's cool...I think it looks great Sal!

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
I don't know but I think it would look better if you lose the black background behind the letters. Just mho

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all. Okay. I love criticism... When you say the "black background" - I'm not to sure what you're referring to because the whole background is black. Do you mean the outline of the text? Is the text blurry? Be as descriptive as you can..

Thanks!!

Sal

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
There's a black box around the text and around the car in the top header and the rest of the background is blue! the black around the text looks out of place. I think that's what he's referring to.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Once again KC knows what I was referring to. Kinda scary

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The border around the entire image needs to stay because the blues don't match up.. The borders around the edge of the text is another story. One is the same color of the dark part of the car - and the bottom text is surrounded by a color of the light part of the car.

Shall I kill the border around the text altogether? Or just pick one surrounding color for all of it?

Thank you for the input...

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Can you have the text up there by itself? Without the black box I mean.The white and yellow letters will standout nicely up there.No need to add a diff. color for it.The black color doesn't seem right .It looks out of place to me. Maybe it's just me though :)

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I might not be able to do that and have it look good. If someone would be willing to try it and take a screen shot, that would be great.. There's a little more to making this happen the way you want than meets the eye. But, it's a good idea.. I'll take this on the next chance I have some time.. I don't think it'll be easy to get it the way I'm thinking..

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
No worries. Not like I'm gonna stop coming in here cause of it.

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
Is it just my computer or is everyone else missing the lines that divide the posts?

·
Registered
04 CTSV 500rwhp, 96 FTS-V T56 previously, 95 T56 Impala SS
433 Posts
I gotta say that I also don't care for the white text in a black box on the blue/purple background either... Maybe you could use a bolder font also? Sonething that'll jump off the page a bit better? And, I don't think you need to add color to the "s"... If the person didn't know this was ...forums.com, then they wouldn't have found us here, ya know? :)

Just suggestions. You asked for them. :)

I like the pic of the Sixteen though. :)

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
As long as we don't get them annoying pop-ups like over at GMForums.com I'm happy

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
If you outline the text in the same color as the background it'll make the edges of the letters more defined against the background and then you should be able to get rid of the black box. I also agree with toomanytoyz on the yellow S's If they're here they don't need the hint!

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
I like it, but if you lost the black background (just have a thin black line around the letters if they dont show up). Also, i want the lines that divide the posts. If you just did one thing, get rid of the yellow S

1 - 20 of 39 Posts