Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
Joined
·
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. As you may have already noticed, we've upgraded to the next generation of vBulletin software.. So far, this is the public beta and we may encounter a bug or two somewhere along the line. If you happen to notice anything, please let me know..

Otherwise, there will be a new release very shortly - which will include graphical changes. I hope you find the new features interesting and enjoyable...

Sincerely,

Sal Collaziano
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
Yeah, its up in the air for me too. Everything's threaded now, and so you have to reply to the post you mean to reply to... though the message display is flat. Even those little selectors to switch between Linear, Hybrid, Threaded... they work, but bleh.

Other than that, it uh.. works. (-:

I know it's way too late to mention this, but Sal, did you ever look at phpBB? http://www.phpbb.com
 

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
Joined
·
7,658 Posts
I wish we could just start typing in the quick reply box, rather than to click the button on the individual posts...... Other than that, I think its ok... I dont really care....
 

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
Joined
·
7,658 Posts
I do like the fact that as soon as you reply, it automatically subscribes you to the thread, rather than having to click on the button manually......
 

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
Joined
·
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
banstyle said:
Yeah, its up in the air for me too. Everything's threaded now, and so you have to reply to the post you mean to reply to... though the message display is flat. Even those little selectors to switch between Linear, Hybrid, Threaded... they work, but bleh.

Other than that, it uh.. works. (-:

I know it's way too late to mention this, but Sal, did you ever look at phpBB? http://www.phpbb.com
You COULD just hit the regular POST REPLY button instead of using the quick reply. That way you wouldn't have to select any particular message... And yes, I know about PhpBB.. I do like it - but there's just nowhere near as many Admin options.. I run a PhpBB... I've been running message boards since the 80's. :p
 

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
Joined
·
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
elwesso said:
I wish we could just start typing in the quick reply box, rather than to click the button on the individual posts...... Other than that, I think its ok... I dont really care....
It's like that with the Quick Reply BECAUSE of the other options (Hybrid, Threaded). The only reason I'm even leaving it like this is because there are actually a ton of people who like it that way. I'd rather have all options available to attract the most attention possible. It's only a click... - Thought I don't exactly like it either...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
Sal Collaziano said:
You COULD just hit the regular POST REPLY button instead of using the quick reply.... I've been running message boards since the 80's. :p
NO! I'm too lazy to not use the 'Quick Reply' feature, however less quick it is now..LOL. ;)

So you were in the BBS scene back then huh? What did you run?
My brother and I ran Searchlight on the C64 for a time in the late 80's, then he gave up. I went to running RemoteAccess under OS/2v2 for a while, had two nodes. Swapped to PCBoard 14 later on, then the Internet came along and... well... screwed everything up! :crying2:

Oh GAWD. I remember my first 2400 baud modem. I thought that thing was SOOOO FAST. :rofl:
 

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
Joined
·
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well. I don't wanna go too off-topic here - but I ran a C-Net 10.0 and 11.7a.. I used to modify them like crazy... My first modem was a 300 baud - I thought the 1200 baud modem was fast. Remember disk space back then? :p Yes, I loved the BBS.. I still think Websites should be more like 'em.. Atleast for the Administrator...

Otherwise - without going too far off-topic - let's get some more opinions on this new system. I want to clear up any questions and hear more comments - good or bad... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
Sal Collaziano said:
Remember disk space back then?
OMG. Still amazes me that we had managed to get a 10mb HDD for the C64.. we had so much software, it was amazing. mmm... ancient pirating.

Ok, back on-topic, I noticed that the buttons in the upper left are all arrows, but say they're temporary when you hover over them. Strange.... :eyebrow:

Everything else is looking spot-on.
 

·
Registered
2000 Seville STS
Joined
·
125 Posts
Sal,

I liked an old feature that allowed me to "search all new posts since my last visit" Is that going to be reinstated? I do like the last posted time given in the time ago format...it saves me from doing the math. If you can get this software to predict the next stock to buy...that would be a big plus.....it has to be an ironclad guarantee though. I've already lost enough money.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,471 Posts
Sal,
Apparently, I got on right after you put this new system up. The search "new" posts didn't work, as you an others have pointed out, the "quick reply" doesn't work (which I use 99% of the time), and I think the threads look bulkier and therefore longer to scroll down through. Maybe it's me but I just don't like it. I guess like everything else, I just have to get used to it. :rolleyes:
 

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
Joined
·
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Astronomer said:
Sal,

I liked an old feature that allowed me to "search all new posts since my last visit" Is that going to be reinstated? I do like the last posted time given in the time ago format...it saves me from doing the math. If you can get this software to predict the next stock to buy...that would be a big plus.....it has to be an ironclad guarantee though. I've already lost enough money.
The arrow-images on the top right are only temporary - they will be replaced with the next upgrade (graphical - and coming very soon). The second arrow is "View new posts" since your last visit. :)
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top