Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Here is a better picture of the 300C from Car and Driver:

Heres a shocker. Id say Chrysler's at least doing pretty well in overall style to even get me thinking this car could compete in the same foray as the ultra luxury STS. Why? Because the 300C (the hemi model) will be WELL equipped, at (wait for it)... $32,995. Depending on pricing for the STS, the 300C may not be nearly as cool, but it could undercut the STS by 20-30k, and its based on the previous E-Class underpinnings!

Im already imagining even the customary "monotone" performance version that you just KNOW will show up somewhere down the line.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
The price is great, i just cant get used to that styling. sometimes pictures dont do cars justice, so ill wait to see in person. I believe there is a lot of pent up demand for a decent american sedan. by that i mean V8, RWD, 30-35k. Now sales of the Maurauder would prove me wrong, but i still think there is alot of potential consumers for this car and others like it

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Brett said:
The price is great, i just cant get used to that styling. sometimes pictures dont do cars justice, so ill wait to see in person. I believe there is a lot of pent up demand for a decent american sedan. by that i mean V8, RWD, 30-35k. Now sales of the Maurauder would prove me wrong, but i still think there is alot of potential consumers for this car and others like it
I dont think youre wrong Brett. The Marauder would be a poor thermometer of the public's desire because if you think about it, it was only a decent concept with a somewhat poor execution. Nothing was really new or special about it other than some more power and driveline tweaks (and in one of the car mags own words, not even enough to really chrip tires or anything like that), a monochrome styling treatment, and a couple of neat gauges inside. Outside however, its a gussied up Marq, and the public isnt stupid, they see through those marketing ploys like a knife through butter. The Impala SS was essentially the same you say... Yes but the impala SS really wholloped the competition with that Corvette based V8 under the hood, and gobs of power that made up for the fact that it was ALSO the same sheetmetal as its comfy cruiser counterpart. ...No, THESE up and comers are all totally new from the ground up and have alot to offer, and alot to live up to, I say you are not wrong at all.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts