Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys think the new STS will compare to Chryslers upcoming 300C and Dodge Magnum? At first I was impressed with the 300Cs exterior design but seeing this lengthwise picture below im not so sure. My opinion? It looks like its probably more of a Deville fighter,but its pretty much all ChryCos got right now. I think alot of the interior appointments will be similar but im curious to gauge your opinions since they are both coming soon...

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
The Dodge Magnum's a station wagon, so I doubt that there will be much cross-shopping between the STS & it.
The Chrysler 300C is a formatible car, and there will be some cross shopping there. I think that naming it the 300"C" was a poor choice. They allready have the 300M, and now they are going backward to the 300C. They used to go forward: i.e. 300B C D E F G H J K L. The 300M & 300C names are jsut too confusing for the average shopper. They woulda done better to name it the IMPERIAL. How many "300s" do they need? :cookoo:

·
Registered
22 Posts
If anything I think the 300C goes up against the Pontiac Bonneville GXP or even the Grand Prix GXP when it comes out. Both will offer a V-8 engine.

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bballer113 said:
If anything I think the 300C goes up against the Pontiac Bonneville GXP or even the Grand Prix GXP when it comes out. Both will offer a V-8 engine.
I think thats a Possibility, but Chrysler probably intends for it to go up against the more luxurious brands, ive never really liked the Bonneville or the Grand Prix and think that luxury-wise they are kind of lacking and too plasticky in typical pontiac tradition. With that said, Chrysler has announced that its completely halting its move UPSCALE so the 300C might not offer much more than the Bonnie. Its anyones guess at this point.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
My first reaction was "They should give that poor Volkswagen owner his headlights back." Not entirely fond of the front, but the rest of the car looks nice.

·
Banned
16,105 Posts
A couple of years ago I thought that cars were getting "boxy" again, I guess this confirms it. I think the look of the 300 takes a little getting used to, and with Chrysler it seems to be all about performance offering Hemis in more and more vehicles. I would not mind any car with a Hemi in it, but it looks about as aerodynamic as a brick wall. Still, I like it!

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Thats the Scion B i believe Ralph.

As far as the 300C, it looks like something I want to like, try to like, but i just dont like it. The execution of the style is not good imo

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
ummm, Scion is the hip new brand for all those Gen-y'ers out there longing to drive a toaster oven. Brought to you by Toyota. I guess Canada isnt cool enough for Scion yet...........:)

·
Banned
16,105 Posts
Brett said:
ummm, Scion is the hip new brand for all those Gen-y'ers out there longing to drive a toaster oven. Brought to you by Toyota. I guess Canada isnt cool enough for Scion yet...........:)
Well, Canada is "cool" enough to be -25 F today!! Too cool for me baby! We aren't that cool when our junior hockey team lost to the undefeated U.S. team today!! That poor junior Canadian team worked their way up by painstakingly defeating all other countries to face the U.S. and you yank their chain so fast they went down the drain double time!! :( 3 to 2 is pretty close though

LOL! Anyway, I haven't seen anything that ugly by Toyota yet, or the Dodge Sprinter. They both kinda look like the VW Eurovan. ps, does theU.S. get a model for Acura called the TSX? It looks just like the TL, but with a 200 hp 4 banger? Just curious because it seems we don't get all the same vehicles you guys do.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts