Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those of you who haven't seen it yet, Italian company Stile Bertone is offering a hand built supercar that basically puts a new (ugly) shell on top of a Corvette ZR1 and calls it........are you ready for this? The Mantide. Yeah.

Full article on Jalopnik

I have two questions:

1) Who would ruin the absolutely classic, mean and aggressive lines of a ZR1 Corvette by slapping that Carbon Fiber origami nightmare on top of it?

2) How the hell are you supposed to pronounce that name? Is it the very Italian sounding "Mahn-teed", the more literal "Man-teed-ay", or the unintentionally hilarious and homoerotic "Man-tide"?

Either way, that's one butt ugly waste of a ZR1. Blech. Kill it with fire.

·
Registered
1988 Allante, 1999 Deville Concours
1,227 Posts
'Mantide' sounds like a choreographed dance (along the lines of the Electric Slide) that would be performed at, ahem, one of those clubs...

"C'mon, Burt. Let's do the Mantide!"

"Sounds like fun, Jimmy!"

·
26,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lolz at Gary. I was thinking more along these lines:

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts

·
Registered
Hyundai Elantra
18,816 Posts
:wtf: Way to ruin a ZR1.

I was going to say it looks like Vader from the back but I guess Gary already said that :rolleyes:

Can someone please tell that guy to not wear a sweater around his neck... god what a fashion disaster...

·
26,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No surprise that a guy wearing a sweater around his neck would be admiring the "Man Tide". :rofl:

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
Mantide means praying mantis in Italian....sounds like a Pinto (Portuguese for the male organ) or Nova (Spanish for "doesn't go") moment...

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
That's especially bad for Bertone. They have a long standing reputation of being one of Italy's best design houses.

·
Registered
41,009 Posts
:hmm:

·
26,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^ Winner.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Predator would have been a much better name too.

·
Registered
Hyundai Elantra
18,816 Posts
Um, storm trooper. Gawsh...
Sorry I meant to say storm trooper. God, I must have seen all the old star wars movies like a zillion times :doh:

Predator would fit it better than Mantide :helpless: almost sound like a manly version of a woman's period

1 - 15 of 15 Posts