Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2002 Seville STS F55, 2006 Mazda Miata
22,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been enamored the last few days with a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe. When we first bid on it at the auction I just thought it was okay, smooth enough and quiet enough to sell to a soccer mom but nothing I'd personally own.

But lately I've found myself hooked on the 242hp V6, punchy sound system, firm brakes, firm suspension, and fairly quick steering.

There's bits of its brakes and suspension that remind me of my Saab and a punch of the throttle sends it rushing forward in a way that reminds me of my Northstar Cadillacs. And despite its muscle, the V6 is smooth as silk. Shifts are crisp and prompt.

People used to driving Camrys might say the ride is rough but I think it's damn near perfect.

The interior is nice too and while there aren't as many soft surfaces as the Lexus RX, I'd argue that it's equally well made.

I don't know why the hell anyone is buying Equinoxes, Muranos, or other mush when this is out there.

Additionally, a friend of mine has a 2011 Kia Optima Turbo that's a hoot to drive. It chirps the tires in second gear if you hammer it hard enough and the chassis and steering offer a reasonable amount of feedback. The interior is pretty damn good too.

Crazy to think Hyundai and Kia were farting out heaps of trash just over a decade ago.

·
Registered
Previous STS' 1995/97/99/01/03
1,194 Posts
I'm impressed by the interior design. Nice blend of materials and colors, just the right amount of wood and chrome.

Jesda, did you obtain a dealer's license, are you now "in the business"?

·
Registered
2016 Honda Accord LX. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS
3,718 Posts
When I worked at Hyundai I loved driving these. Very impressive SUV's, though I don't think I would want to drive an SUV as a daily driver in general as I prefer being lower to the ground.

·
Registered
300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
8,189 Posts
I've been wanting to stop by their store and drive the R Spec Genesis with the 429hp motor.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,458 Posts
One of my daughters drives a 2010 Sonata. Impressive. Quiet, tight, comfortable, economical. Well fitted. 100,000 mile warranty - and she's a field auditor for a jewelry store chain, so puts a LOT of annual miles on a vehicle. She's very happy with the car.

·
Super Moderator
2002 Seville STS F55, 2006 Mazda Miata
22,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm impressed by the interior design. Nice blend of materials and colors, just the right amount of wood and chrome.

Jesda, did you obtain a dealer's license, are you now "in the business"?
Sharing a license at the moment but getting out of this arrangement and obtaining my own. Waiting on the state to send me the paperwork.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
We have an '07 Santa Fe at work as well. It's white with the tan cloth interior and also has the 3.3L V6. It's a handsome crossover with a pleasing design that doesn't draw too much attention to it's self, unlike the current Hyundai lineup. I haven't had a chance to drive it yet, so I can't comment on that, but I have driven that 3.3L V6 in different vehicles and can attest to it's pleasing growl and authoritative feel.

What's interesting is that Kia is dropping their 276hp 3.5L V6 used in the Sorento and replacing it with a 3.3L direct injected V6 for the 2014 model year, going up to 290hp, which will match the Maxima's 3.5L V6. This 3.3L V6 is going to be the same one used in the 2014 Kia Cadenza, which will be here in May.

The Cadenza is Kia's latest masterpiece. It will be their first foray into the premium sedan market. It will come with a standard leather interior with a generous accent of real wood, all the power accoutrements that you'll expect from a car of this stature as well as optional adaptive cruise control and a slew of other awesome features! It's going to compete against the Lexus ES, Buick LaCrosse, Hyundai Azera and Lincoln MKZ.

Pricing has not been announced yet, but I'm sure in typical Kia fasion we'll be thousands below the competition.

I am beyond thrilled to start seeing these in a few months!

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
Hyundai/Kia have done a good job of following the game plan laid down by the Japanese over the previous several decades ..... more power to them! But cheaper labor may soon catch up with the Korean manufactures too, and then it will be the PRC's turn to make waves in the U.S. market.

Interestingly, the wage/efficiency equation which has been favoring Asian manufacturing is slowly (but nevertheless continually) losing ground to Mexico and even U.S. manufacturing. There seems to be a trend toward the repatriation of American makers manufacturing back to this continent. With 2/3's of all new jobs created since the "recovery" has started in the U.S. paying less than $30,000 per year, I don't know what this bodes for the American middle class!

·
Registered
STS 1SF Black V8 2006
456 Posts
my golf bud is dumping his 08 m35 for a santa fe. i saw it at the car show. you get a lot for the money. the qual is ok but when i thumb tapped the panels, doors, bumpers, trim there was a lot of give. The seat bottom bolsters are a little deep, leading to wear. The colors, layout and posture are fine. Dealers are in a worked up Frenzy... it may not be the best time to buy.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac STS 3.6
1,219 Posts
We test drove a 09 Santa fe limited 4wd with the 3.3 and I agree, it was a pleasure to drive. More room inside than my 04 grand cherokee had, with a more powerful v6 than the V8 in the grand. More fun to drive. Handled like some sedans. Really felt great.

And we had a 2010 Kia Forte EX for a couple days until we decided we wish we had bought a RAV 4 instead, so we went out and bought a '10 RAV limited 4WD, but I gotta say, that Kia forte even impressed me. I actually wouldn't mind owning one in the near future. It was comfortable, handled VERY well, and was simply a blast to drive. I also loved the design of the interior. Nothing like economy cars of the past as far as any make goes. Not JUST Kia.

C

·
0 Posts
My Sister, Brother in law and most of my cousin's all drive Sante Fe's, Tucson's and Elantra's..

This is the part of my family that always says You are getting another American Car??? Like it is a bad thing

While they may not have to check the oil in them regularly like a GM , They all have add transmission problems, a few recalls and 2 different family members their Santa Fe's that just stopped running while on major highways here LOL
The Elantra the entire clear coat on the whole car is fading, pealing.
It amazes me that they all keep buying them still..

My neighbor sued Hyundai for transmission problems under the lemon law and won.. They replaced it with a Ford.

The last 10 years I have seen them get nicer and nicer though but I still think they are crap

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,700 Posts
when i got to the dealership Friday i actually looked at a 2012 Sonata it had 17k on it it was a GLS so not a sport model but also not stripped down it was kind of loaded for a GLS model
they where asking 13k he wasn't going to budge on the price because it was already so much lower than any others of that year and miles

the bank wouldn't finance me for a 2012 model car because the interest rate would have to be so low
they wouldn't make any money if that makes seance but it was a hot car i actually would have taken that over the Lexus if i could have got it

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Of course the Koreans are coming a long way, nobody gets in their way!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts