Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1998 STS(parting out), '05 CTS-V (sold), '95 STS(sold in '01)
98 Posts

·
Registered
04 CTS-V Black
56 Posts
I think I'm going to put a single DIN in for music and bluetooth. Seems like it would be very straight forward wiring wise. What the best way to go about mounting? Do I need fiberglass, wood frame? I might be interested in having a machinist friend of mine make something I could sell if enough interest popped up.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V Black
56 Posts
From the pictures in your thread it looks like you just bolted the damn thing to the stock nav brick... awesome!

·
Registered
2010 SRX Luxury (2007 CTS-V gone, never forgotten)
146 Posts
WOW. That set up is awsome! I thoought I was done with mods for a while, but now I getting this itch with go through with this. Thanks a freaken lot! :alchi:

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
57 Posts
love it well done man, I must say it looks great, but I think I am going to go the same direction as oh5v up above

·
Registered
maggied platinum '05 V
46 Posts
I love what u have done. Did the wire harness that plugged into the V navi plug right in to the back of the cts base dic or is it a different harness?

I bought a base radio to do the double din install (should be here monday). But there in no harness with it.

·
Registered
NONE
12 Posts
Now for the big news. As promised I said I would let everyone know as soon as I found out if the base DIC interfaces with the CTS-V. I am happy to say that it does in fact 100% interfaces perfectly with the V. As a matter of fact I am even happier to let everyone know that it even has a Visual Queue for when switching into Comp Mode and turning stability off. Pics are below for proof!!! I will now also say this. I like the DIC externally 100000000000000000000 times more then integrated into the nav. It is responsive and I couldn’t be happier about this so far.
Does the DIC show trip mileage/fuel mileage/oil life/fuel economy/ect... ??

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
117 Posts
Can you explain what all the buttons do now? For instance, the factory CTS DIC has BAND, F1, F2, SOURCE, and then the round knobs? Do all of them work?

41 - 54 of 54 Posts