Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
97 ETC x2, 04 GXP, 04 STS x2, 97 ESC, 99 Deville, 05 SRX
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how but I managed to tear a ligament in my hand- my right thumb barely moves now without severe pain.

Does anyone know how long it takes for the average torn ligament to heal?

I have about 10-12 HG jobs on the list, and some of these owners won't want to wait...

I have a hired hand but I need to do a lot of the work myself and right now it doesn't seem possible.

·
Registered
1992 eldorado. 2007 dodge magnum hemi r/t
3,013 Posts
I don't know how but I managed to tear a ligament in my hand- my right thumb barely moves now without severe pain.

Does anyone know how long it takes for the average torn ligament to heal?

I have about 10-12 HG jobs on the list, and some of these owners won't want to wait...

I have a hired hand but I need to do a lot of the work myself and right now it doesn't seem possible.
Not an expert but ligaments and tendons can be worse than an outright
broken bone, are you getting any treatment for it?, I would suggest you get some professional help with it. All the best,good luck.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Not an expert but ligaments and tendons can be worse than an outright
broken bone, are you getting any treatment for it?, I would suggest you get some professional help with it. All the best,good luck.
I found some interesting info, precisely about your problem,but it was shut down as a security risk, ?.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Jake,I'll try again,I googled torn ligament in hand treatment, the first link is hand university, your specific problem is explained,seems to be quite common.

·
Registered
1999 Cadillac DeVille
279 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune Jake, I know it may be hard but the best thing to do would just be to rest it (as im sure you know) dont try and make it work if it doesnt want too.

Hopefully your help can follow direction well..

Feel better :D

·
Registered
1991 Sedan Deville
2,932 Posts
Well, it took about 6 weeks for a stretched one to heal.......so I'm assuming longer for a torn one

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
29,091 Posts
Remember that Jake is in the Canadian heathcare system and they can wait in line for years to get other than emergency treatment.

When I cut a tendon in a finger I was in a hard cast for weeks. Then weeks of therapy.

·
Registered
1991 Sedan Deville
2,932 Posts
Remember that Jake is in the Canadian heathcare system and they can wait in line for years to get other than emergency treatment.

When I cut a tendon in a finger I was in a hard cast for weeks. Then weeks of therapy.
Cutting is different then tearing though. When its torn, the edges are uneven and are able to grow back easier than if they are cleanly cut. I'm also Canadian, and for something relatively minor like that, it wouldn't be years.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey V-Eight I'll be in your neck of the woods in one week! Still cold in the Peg?

I need to see a doctor and I'll try to do that tonight. I hope it's quicker than 6 weeks- I can't wait that long to finish these cars on the list....

Creeker I don't see any links maybe I'm missing something?

Thank you to all for the best wishes!

·
Registered
1991 Sedan Deville
2,932 Posts
Its getting pretty nice now, we've had a few 10+ days. It still gets chilly at night though...I actually had frost on my windows this morning. Yeah the 6 weeks was for a knee, as my kneecap dislocated, which directed the ligaments/tendons in the area. I was supposed to be off basketball for 6, but I felt better after about 2 (coach didn't want to let me play due to risk of further injury though). It all depends on how bad the injury is.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts

I dont know if your quoting one incident that you heard about?, my wife was diagnosed two weeks ago with cancer of the esophagus, after thorough tests and consultations,she is starting treatment in about two days from now,I would say that is pretty fast and it's the norm,and all at no cost what so ever.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Hey V-Eight I'll be in your neck of the woods in one week! Still cold in the Peg?

I need to see a doctor and I'll try to do that tonight. I hope it's quicker than 6 weeks- I can't wait that long to finish these cars on the list....

Creeker I don't see any links maybe I'm missing something?

Thank you to all for the best wishes!
The long and the short of it Jake is that it takes time, cant do much more than let it rest up and heal it's self,I wrecked a tendon in my wrist (over
stressed it) nothing would heal it but time and rest.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very true. I saw a doctor last night and he said I may have chipped a bone. I go in for x-rays this morning.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Seville STS 73k Miles, '90 Chevy 1500 Reg Cab
725 Posts
Sorry to hear about your injury, hopefully you can get back to work relatively soon...or at least before you go crazy by not being able to use your hand!

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I almost went crazy- people calling, can't work on their cars, customers wanting their cars back (can't blame them).... I'm back to work. I cancelled my vacation because of this, well post-poned until this weekend so I can get a couple cars done. One owner does not understand. Oh well, not much I can do. My help just got married so I'm left on my own for a few more days.

My hand is doing much better. I'm still taking it easy but no pain anymore. The doc called, no fractures or chips showed up on the x-ray. I guess I just tore a muscle.

I was always afraid of this, as busy as I am, down-time is not something that I can work into my schedule. A vacation is almost not possible but I need to get caught up to paperwork, some web pages need to be done, and some planning/ideas need to get down on paper. That'll be my vacation (hey I love what I do).

I cancelled the plane tickets and can't reschedule for this weekend. So, my STS is going for another 1300 mile drive. Manitoba (just north of ND) is where I'm headed and if I take the short cut through the states I'll be passing by Ranger's and AJ's home-towns (or very near). I'd love to see AJ's Fiero and drop that motor mount off at Ranger's place in person, if it'll be done by then. One way or another it'll be there when I said it would be.

Has anyone heard about the flooding in ND on I-29 if that has drained off yet? My Caddy is a big car but it's not a boat!:D

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
29,091 Posts
I dont know if your quoting one incident that you heard about?, my wife was diagnosed two weeks ago with cancer of the esophagus, after thorough tests and consultations,she is starting treatment in about two days from now,I would say that is pretty fast and it's the norm,and all at no cost what so ever.
How long does it take to get a knee or hip replacement? The people I've talked to say it can take years. That's the problem with universal healthcare. The only way it can work is with rationing.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,545 Posts
I take the short cut through the states I'll be passing by Ranger's and AJ's home-towns (or very near). I'd love to see AJ's Fiero and drop that motor mount off at Ranger's place in person,
Jake, if you do be sure to let me know when so I can PM you a phone no. and directions. Don't even think of passing by without stopping in. I'll be sure to be off. Dinner and the beverage of your choice will be waiting.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Ranger! I'd love to see your DHS /DTS console shift project.... how's that coming anyway? I don't think I followed that enough...

·
Registered
94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC
3,887 Posts
I'm glad to hear that you're doing okay. It sounds to me like you really need to hire some more help over there!

97EldoCoupe said:
That'll be my vacation (hey I love what I do).
Hey, if you get a job doing what you love, you will never work a day in your life.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts