·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to start my car....

CLICK CLICK :eek:

The heat is just killing batteries.

Called roadside service and they had a guy with a replacement battery and a great attitude at my door in less then 1/2 hour.

Duck soup.:thumbsup:

OT. He said that the area rep (southern CA.) is being real sh*tty about diff failure/replacements.:tisk:

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should hope he's "being real sh*tty" toward GM and not us! :rant2:

No such luck.

The tech said they (Area Rep/GM) are refusing warranty (diff) repairs and are now summarily citing "abuse" as reason for denial.

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
How old was the battery ? We have nothing but heat down here most of the year.

My dealership is practically pushing me to replace my diff only because of the low speed turn "growl" that comes up every 14K miles or so, nothing else wrong. They've replaced the fluid and lubed it twice now, but want to go ahead and replace it. :confused: Of course I don't have a supercharger on the car either. In any case it's pretty well documented with them so if something does happen "Abuse" wouldn't be an easy sell. It's at 32.7K miles so far.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS V
118 Posts
Just happened to me in Miami area, but let me tell you Cadillac Roadside service rocks! I called, in 35 minutes there was a Tech from nearby Vera Cadillac at my driveway with a pretty cool Escalade, he had a bettery with him replaced it in 5 minutes, tested to make sure it's charging and of course no charge, I have a 2005 with 30k miles and it is additionally certified.
BTW he was admiring my Z06 FRCs and was telling me that the '09 V will be a major beast with a supercharged corvette engine, I guess everyone is starting to find out!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts