Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For the best view I have ever had while sitting behind the whell of a car was the view down the hood of a Silver Cloud Rolls-Royce ( circa 1958) with the flawless paint stretching endlessly the top of that magnificent radiator shell with its' "Spirit of Ectstacy" topping it! Pretty hard to beat, but the view down th hood of my aunt's 1956 Continental Mark II was a close second. Of course the intoxicating aroma of fine leather an the high and comfortable seats added to the experieince.

Coming in a very close thrd would have to be the view down the hood of a mid fifities Mercedes 300S cabriolet .... again the aroma of the leather was a factor (although not so much as the other cars, new German leather just didn't have the same seductive sent as English hides!

View attachment 101723

View attachment 101724

View attachment 101725

·
Registered
Orange And Purple Lights.
6,632 Posts
This sort of thing is always a nice sight. It's all I really have access to at the moment, so far as photos go. Plenty of stories, but the photos are on the other computer.

Actually, you fellows would be amazed by the things I have seen or done if I were to pull all of my Dashcam logs.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,465 Posts
Looking down the hood of a 1955 Chevy Delray Club Coupe has given me the most memorable moments/views. Peering over the dash, hood and past that hood ornament takes me back to a much simpler time in life. On a lonely two lane road with the crackle of the AM radio, you actually begin to believe its possible that you're riding around 50 years earlier. Maybe I'll go for a drive!!!

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,963 Posts
There is no better view in the world than down the hood of a 70's Fleetwood.
Everything looks great to when viewed over a proper wreath and crest!:cloud9:
A county landfill is beautiful when viewed over a Cadillac hood ornament.

(I may however be biased.:noidea:)

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Behind the wheel of a '70s Continental. Over 6 feet of perfectly flat hood with flared fenders and a hood ornament that looks like a gunsight.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
29,072 Posts
Looking out around the big round 450HP P&W 985 in my Howard DGA-15P as I cruised across the landscape of Alaska at 180MPH.

·
Registered
Orange And Purple Lights.
6,632 Posts
I will admit that Chad is right. My Lincoln was always nice for roadtrips. However realistically, I can't even begin to compare it to my Cadillac though. She's wonderful, even though I have never actually gotten the Cadillac out of Florida since I got it here in the first place.

The bike is fun on roadtrips too. Like I pointed out further back in this thread though, so is the work truck. I'll get an "out the wndshield" shot next week.

·
Registered
none :(
2,045 Posts

Towing over Lookout Pass from Idaho to Montana. 8 % grade towing just over 8000lbs with an 89 GMC 1 ton.

·
Registered
Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300
5,418 Posts
Orconn, a good friend of mine had a 1961 or 1962 Silver Cloud, it was the model with the two round headlights before they went to the 4 smaller ones, car was a creamy sort of off white with brown leather. That sure was a magnificent view, and kind of weird since his was an imported RHD model.

As for cars I've owned, nothing compared to the huge hood and ornament on my old Brougham. The hood ornament was one of my favorite things about that car, it was huge, finely detailed, and looked like a crown, just to remind you that you were indeed King of the road.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Here's a '78 Mark V Cartier, I sat in the spring of '11.

A '75 Mark IV, I sat in the fall of '10.

·
Registered
300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
8,204 Posts
LS1Mike said:
Towing over Lookout Pass from Idaho to Montana. 8 % grade towing just over 8000lbs with an 89 GMC 1 ton.
That is a stunning ride.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts