Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
05 Escalade ESV Platinum
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think one reason why GM is still in the "trickbag" is they still refuse to learn even from their own mistakes!:eek: A glaring example of this is apparently in the 09 V (according to Tremec website), in that the 09 V still has our much "loved":stirpot: dual mass flywheel!!:bouncy: I guess for the '10 model year they will reintroduce the eight track deck/entertainment center (at optional cost - of course, same as the sunroof on the 09 V, don't ya know!!:thepan:)

·
Registered
05 Escalade ESV Platinum
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lots of cars have dual mass flywheels
That doesn't make a bad idea good!!:thehand: I wonder if they also come with the "parade clunk" of the V?:stirpot: That boat anchor of a flywheel is one reason our LS6 has the throttle response of a Cummins!:stirpot:

P

·
0 Posts
It's also the reason why the parade clunk is not completely unbearable and it also helps with trans gear rattle at lower rpms.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V with 2 carseats in the back and a f'ing minivan
607 Posts
I think one reason why GM is still in the "trickbag" is they still refuse to learn even from their own mistakes!:eek: A glaring example of this is apparently in the 09 V (according to Tremec website), in that the 09 V still has our much "loved":stirpot: dual mass flywheel!!:bouncy: I guess for the '10 model year they will reintroduce the eight track deck/entertainment center (at optional cost - of course, same as the sunroof on the 09 V, don't ya know!!:thepan:)
You seem angry, maybe you should sell your V before it starts affecting your health.

·
Registered
05 Escalade ESV Platinum
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You seem angry, maybe you should sell your V before it starts affecting your health.
It has crossed my mind (primarily when we go to Sebring and play with my son's 07 Z06!:cool2:) The V basically just went out of warranty, so I can review my options (For the last 1 1/2 yrs,there has been a growing stack of "items",in the garage, awaiting this day, don't ya know?:devil:A primary question is which box first!;) Actually, still awaiting one last box from GM (on back-order since under warranty), then it is all my car!

PS: Yes, I am a little upset that the Bean Counters were allowed to compromise what the V's true capabilities could have been. I can just hope they are the next to go at GM - unfortunately, they like roaches, normally survive! There I feel better already!!!!:p

·
Registered
Cadillac
310 Posts
Aside from very few shortcomings, I think the General did a pretty good job with the V. You have to remember that this car was introduced in 2003, as a 2004, there was nothing else in the market that was even close for the price. To get a car with comparable performance numbers and four doors you'd have to spend double. The gen 1 V was the test mule for all these performance cars we're seeing today from GM. Without the success, what little success it had, of the V1, I seriously doubt we would see a G8 GXP, a 426 horse power Camaro, or even the V2. I hope they do survive because you can bet we'll see more cars with this type of power, maybe with smaller turbo 4's and 6's, but with comparable performance.

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Throttle response on the 09 Vs (and the 04-07s) is easily improved with a tune. I also liked the way my car shifted better with the dual mass flywheel than it did after I changed to a single. Go figure.

·
Registered
Platinum 2004 CTS-V
4,914 Posts
Throttle response on the 09 Vs (and the 04-07s) is easily improved with a tune. I also liked the way my car shifted better with the dual mass flywheel than it did after I changed to a single. Go figure.
Oh no! Cuz I want to change to a single flywheel cuz I don't like the way it shifts. Go figure :doh:

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Let me qualify that statement- the car still shifted fine, but the extra mass of the heavier flywheel gave a better "yank" when you hit the next gear. Adding the lighter flywheel made the car rev easier, but it felt like it lost a little oomph on upshifts. First gear also became a traction nightmare.

I was fine with the upgrade until I drove a stock CTS-V about a year after the mods, and I liked it better. If I had it all to do over, I'd stay stock on the flywheel.

·
Registered
Platinum 2004 CTS-V
4,914 Posts
Let me qualify that statement- the car still shifted fine, but the extra mass of the heavier flywheel gave a better "yank" when you hit the next gear. Adding the lighter flywheel made the car rev easier, but it felt like it lost a little oomph on upshifts. First gear also became a traction nightmare.

I was fine with the upgrade until I drove a stock CTS-V about a year after the mods, and I liked it better. If I had it all to do over, I'd stay stock on the flywheel.
When you get the LS7 clutch kit from Luke, it's a single mass flywheel, right?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts