Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm the first to hit this forum? Woohoo!!!!!!! Well I got a 1984 Fleetwood Brougham 2DR Coupe. Black with white top and white leather seats. I plan to make it a sleeper hot rod:D First I wanna swap in the 90-92 Brougham front and rear end. Then I'll figured what next after it

Attachments

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Helloooooo!

Yes! You are the first poster here on cadillacforums.com! It will be strange to think back to this day a year from now. :D Thanks for signing up! How did you find us?

Regarding your idea.. Nice!! I wanted to do the SAME thing when I had my Sedan DeVille.. Update the front and back.. Those big cars are so EVIL looking! Aren't they? Mean-looking things. :) They're heavy, but when they have the big engine in 'em, they're actually pretty quick! Post up some pictures.. Yours sounds really nice with the white leather interior! :)

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used your link from GMForums and found myself in here.I got a feeling this is gonna be a good site too ;) The interior is really nice. It got black carpet and dash with everything else in white. The only sad part is that the front seat got a tear under the armrest in the middle right next to the driver. I will get it redone but I think I'll add a little bit of gray to go with the black and white. I just bought the car on Sunday for $200 running too :D Funny how at the same time you made this site ;) Maybe it is a sign from the Caddy Gods

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
$200.00?!?!

What?!?! Man!! How many miles?! Jeez. That's awesome!! Don't worry about the rip - you could have worse problems than that.. Very cool... Hurry up and get some pics so we have before and afters to look at. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The caddy got a lil over 150000 miles on it. I just went to get the old owner to sign the papers he hadn't sign yet. It got hail damage on the hood , roof , and trunk. Also needs the plastic that are almost always broken in the rear. But the only thing I need to do for the moment is replace the windsheild and she is ready to roll. Heaven help the ricers that get in front of her :D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I meant trunk :eek:

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Just an FYI - You can click the EDIT button to edit your posts. :)

As for the car, 150,000 miles isn't bad at all. I's the 5 liter, right? That engine should last a long time.. Is the hood really badly dented? If so, you can find a used one without too much effort. There were a lot of those cars on the road..

It does sound like a great deal. :)

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cool!!! thanks for that bit of info seeing how I tend to make mistakes:) I wish it was the 5 liter but its the 4.1 V8. But part of my plan is to drop a 350 with some punch in it. I would like to at least hang with the Northstar. The hail damage is not as bad as it sounds but since I plan to put the newer front end on it maybe I'll get lucky and get the hood from the same car. Nothing like having a freshly painted black caddy.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You mean like the guy did in Hot Rod Magazine in the January issue?It has cross my mind before.But I don't know much about them. It might not be that hard to do it now that I think about it.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Btw does anyone know what mods that guy did to his car? Even when Hot Rod got a awesome car in their magazine they like to ramble about other things besides the car. No wonder I no longer subcribe to them.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Hmm.. I guess we're going to need our own Cadillac performance magazine eventually.. Now that Caddy is really moving toward performance, I don't think it would be unreasonable... I guess Hot Rod magazine doesn't keep back-issues on their site?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well if Ford Truck World can have their own magazine I don't see why we can't when we get as big as them. That Hot Rod issue is still out in some stores like the moms&pops stores. Hot Rod's site is not all that great at least to me it isn't.

btw
How was New Year for you?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Same here. I don't drink much anyway. Maybe a beer or 2 each year. Well from what I have seen so far this site is really growing quick seeing how its not even a week old. I say by the end of the year this site will be a juggernaut in the Cadillac Forum world. "Its alive!!!" :D muahahahahaha

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Juggernaut! I like the sounds of that.. That's exactly my intention. We're going to bring many Cadillac enthusiasts together here. In fact, I bet we'll have a positive impact on Cadillac itself. :)

Beer? Same here.. 2 or 3 a year...

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I found a pic of a Fleetwood Coupe for those who forgot exactly what they look like. As soon as I get my car home I'll be taking pics and posting them up here.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here is another pic same type of shot but different color. Mine is Black with a white top.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Heard some talk of more power for

80's rwd cads. From what I have read on the MTS Performance Cad message board, a big block cad will bolt in with the right motor mounts. They can be had pretty cheap too. If you are interested in the old big block cad motors, here's the site to look at: MTS Message Board.
They don't have much to say about anything smaller than 368's, but there's a world of info if you want to drop in a 472 or a 500.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
I wonder if Cadillac will ever produce a car soughta like the Thunderbird and the new Mustang - retro.. I'd love to see a newer styled Fleetwood just like those older ones.. Is anyone really good with Adobe Photoshop? :D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
About this Discussion
39 Replies
7 Participants
Benzilla