Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!
Here is the '53 Eldo that I used to have. I completely restored it. It was in really rough shape and actually had sat in a junkyard for 20 years before!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is some more...

Attachments

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All factory... These cars were hand built at the factory. They only made 532 of them in 1953.

Attachments

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are the original Cadillac Wire Wheel rims. These are very rare now a days.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
When did you have it? When did you sell it? Do you know where it is now?.....Just curious!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kcnewell said:
When did you have it? When did you sell it? Do you know where it is now?.....Just curious!
I had it from 1998-2001. I sold it April 2001. It now resides in a private museum in Greenwich, CT.:D

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
When I was a kid my dad had a '54...he got rid of it in '64 and got a new one but I've always thought of that body style as the most perfect example of Cadillac style! He'd get a new one every ten years except his last one he bought that in '76 and drove it till he couldn't drive anymore. Then it sat in his garage under a car cover till he passed away in '94. The man LOVED his Cadillacs!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
'54 was a neat year for the Eldo as well, with it's Stainless Steel floormats and stainless steel that went all the way down the rear fender. I had one at one time as well.:)

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I've got a pic of a '54 posted around here somewhere......

·
Registered
857 Posts
Like I said...very NICE Caddy! Those early years are just beyond sexy! That '53 , i can just picture cruising with the top down, probably turned every single head!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
6 Participants
Jinx