Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always wanted to know this. He it is for you guys:

Applicable SAE standard or Multipurpose passenger recommended practice Item vehicles, trucks, and buses Trailers (See S5 for subreferenced SAE materials) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Taillamps ......................... 2 red...................... 2 red................. J585e, September 1977. Stoplamps.......................... 2 red...................... 2 red................. SAE J1398, May 1985. License plate lamp ................ 1 white.................... 1 white............... J587 October 1981. Reflex reflectors.................. 4 red; 2 amber............. 4 red; 2 amber........ J594f, January 1977. Side marker lamps.................. 2 red; 2 amber............. 2 red; 2 amber........ J592e, July 1972. Backup lamp ....................... 1 white.................... None.................. J593c, February 1968. Turn signal lamps.................. 2 red or amber; 2 amber.... 2 red or amber........ SAE J1395, April 1985. Turn signal operating unit ........ 1.......................... None.................. J589, April 1964. Turn signal flasher................ 1.......................... None.................. J590b, October 1965. Vehicular hazard warning signal 1.......................... None.................. J910, January 1966. operating unit. Vehicular hazard warning signal 1.......................... None.................. J945, February 1966. flasher.. Identification lamps............... 3 amber; 3 red............. 3 red................. J592e, July 1972. Clearance lamps.................... 2 amber; 2 red............. 2 amber, 2 red........ J592e, July 1972. Intermediate side marker lamps. 2 amber.................... 2 amber............... J592e, July 1972. Intermediate side reflex 2 amber.................... 2 amber............... J594f, January 1977. reflectors.

http://fmvss108.tripod.com/fmvss108text.htm

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
:yeah:

that link is a lot of reading :(

·
Registered
2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS
5,147 Posts
WTF is that?

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What?...that's over your head?? It tells you what are the legal colors of your different lights. Dark tint and clear side markers are illegal as are clear DRLs.

I was hoping to run clear DRLs.

·
Registered
2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS
5,147 Posts
What?...that's over your head?? It tells you what are the legal colors of your different lights. Dark tint and clear side markers are illegal as are clear DRLs.

I was hoping to run clear DRLs.

OH NOOOOOOOOOSSS IM BREAKING THE LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
clear sides are illegal & so are DRLs!?!?
wtf?!

boo!!

well ....
factory STS-V with Clear DRL lense

Saturn Sky... clear DRL lenses

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
Clear sidemarkers

Mazda

Audi RS4

·
Registered
2007 CTS
582 Posts
I'm taking a guess but a large difference is normally what is stock and what's not. Lexus has the stock reflecting tint. It's illegal here (VA) to have it unless it's stock. Get my drift? Also it's the color of the bulb, have a clear sidemarker but have the legal color bulb. I think?

·
Registered
Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS
6,654 Posts
The lens can be clear. It just has to glow amber.
Clear your corners, get the amber bulbs with the silvered coating and everyone is happy. They just don't want you messing around with the indicator light colors (amber is a notice, red is stop, etc.).

...and Robert, an H3? :gothicaleigh:

:p

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The lens can be clear. It just has to glow amber.
Clear your corners, get the amber bulbs with the silvered coating and everyone is happy. They just don't want you messing around with the indicator light colors (amber is a notice, red is stop, etc.).

...and Robert, an H3? :gothicaleigh:

:p
Caleigh,
It's a new canvas for me. I'm sure I will still need your help my friend:)

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
23,162 Posts
OH NOOOOOOOOOSSS IM BREAKING THE LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!
There I was completely wasting, out of work and down
All inside its so frustrating as I drift from town to town
Feel as though nobody cares if I live or die
So I might as well begin to put some action in my life

Breaking the law, breaking the law

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts

lol i love listening to urb karaoke judas priest... :sweeeeeeeeeet: :groupie: :leghump: :blonde::hurr::rave:JulieBoombotz:band:

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Breaking the law
breaking the law
knocking down fences
knocking down fences
knocking down fences
............ahhhhhh, I feel a lot better now.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts