Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Every GM car or truck built gets a pair of these little silver GM badges.
Some are on the front fender, some towards the back (XLR and Vette).
They all get them, and I mean ALL.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Si, senor. GM felt that they needed to badge ALL their cars so everyone knew where they came from. Typical GM: "We need to get each brand their own identity! It's working, sir! Crap, quick throw these badges on all of them!"

Badges? Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I can't say it looks good on every car I have seen it on.
I don't know if they found a place to put that on Escalade.
When I walked by the ones on the lot last night I didn't see any but they might be all '05 leftovers.
I am sure they are double stick adhesive. All our badges and nameplates are.
You could gently pry that off and then use a little adhesive remover and wax over it to make sure it shines really nice.
Otherwise everyone will know it's an '06.
;)

·
Registered
1999 Black and Tan STS
753 Posts
This is GM saving money, using up old inventory. They finally found a use for all the old seat belt thumb buttons left over from the 70's!

·
Registered
Escalade
113 Posts
Perfect example of upper corporate management ignorance of what is happening in the world. What a waste of money and who was the idiot that came up with that one??? To bad they dont include the other end of that seat belt with it. That end opened beer bottles...

·
Registered
490 Posts
I agree, those ridiculous badges truly show how clueless GM really is. They claim that the reason for them is that people associate GM with warm and fuzzy words and feelings. I'd like to know what garbage market research discovered that bullshit. Probably the same market research that said the Aztek would be a hit.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts