Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help, I bought my used CTS with the dreaded chrome pillars, and I can not find replacement black ones. I understand how to take off the chrome pillars, but do even need replacements, or can I just clean the doulbe stick tape off that is left over? I have not called the dealership yet to ask for replacements, but I looked everywhere online. They are haunting me, I do not want to be "that guy" anymore, thanks.

·
Registered
CTS
343 Posts
Goo be gone automotive formula works excellent for removing double sided tape and just adhesives in general from the paint of a car. I used it to remove my dealer sticker(s) and no paint damage happened. :) Just wash up the pillars real nice when you're done with the goo b gone and then wax the pillars. They should look good as new. (assuming they were in good shape before they were covered up.)

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks fellas, I will send before after pics when I am done. So the orginal pillars should be underneath??

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
Yes, the "original" pillars are underneath. Good luck.

·
Registered
Check out my CTS here: http://www.fquick.com/FL01SS
1,651 Posts
Like Bobby said, heat them up with a heat gun if you have one, then slide some fishing line in behind them to "cut" them loose. Clean 'em up with goo gone & you're good to go!

·
Registered
Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS
6,654 Posts
Thanks fellas, I will send before after pics when I am done. So the orginal pillars should be underneath??
Yeah, the "chrome pillars" are just appliqués. My STS has them from a previous owner too. I haven't been ambitious enough to remove them yet, but they are an eyesore on every car I have ever seen them on.

X

·
0 Posts
BURN THE ENTIRE CAR!
IT HAS BEEN TAINTED! :worship::worship::worship:

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just think that they do not flow well on my car. The previous owner put to many add on's to this car.On my ride in paticular. I am not saying that they look bad on any one else's car. They just look cheap on mine,

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
I just purchased my CTS and felt like it needed to be "personalized"...I bought the chrome pillars, installed them and took a good look at the car YUCK!!!! They are coming off the first nice day I have nothing better to do! Totally ruined the look of the car in my opinion!

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
Hello CTSVette and :welcome5: to the forum. Glad you came to your senses on the chrome pillar thing. :D

·
Registered
Check out my CTS here: http://www.fquick.com/FL01SS
1,651 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts