Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2/3 drop from McGauphys. Came with fron spindles and rear lowering coils. I tried telling the installers that I was concerned since I had 285.40.24's on it. They told me it would work still. Of course... it didnt. They delivered it to me with it rubbing like crazy. I was pretty upset since I paid over 1400 for the tires alone. I went over a bump and it slammed down into my new tires. So I took it back yesterday to see if they could adjust it so the tires wouldnt rub. Question is... With the 285.40.24 tires on there, will this drop setup still work? I just dont want to waist more time and money if it wont. These guys seem more determined on getting a sale then giving me a straight answer. They fale to realize that I will probably do more business with them if they can just be honest! Help me before I force them to put the stock back together....

·
Registered
escalade
15 Posts
Where is it rubbing? In the front my 305-35-24s rubbed a bit at full lock and the rear rubbed bad until I put small spacers in.. try that if its the rear and for the front you may have to trim some plastic.. hope this helps..

·
Registered
2005 Escalade EXT, 1999 GMC Yukon Denali, 1986 Toyota AE86
75 Posts
285/40? That sidewall is tall. Im running a 305/35/24 and im running a 3/5 Drop, So its slammed! The rear rubs over bumps, With a full truck, And just going in reverse lol. The front only makes contact with the fender liner at full lock!

If it just rubs over bumps, Uneven roads etc. Might need to try some firmer shocks......Just be prepared to continue modding until its right. Ive had to cut up alot of shit, And its still not right. Im actually gonna raise it back to a 2/3. Because the ride sucks.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where is it rubbing? In the front my 305-35-24s rubbed a bit at full lock and the rear rubbed bad until I put small spacers in.. try that if its the rear and for the front you may have to trim some plastic.. hope this helps..
It's rubbing in the front really bad. I cant really turn into a regular parking space. I took it back to the shop today and they said they are going to tighten the torsion bars. I just hope it doesnt mess with my ride much. It floats smooth right now. As for the back I have noticed anything. I though I heard something the other day when I had my dogs in the back. I have two full grown mastiffs so it makes a big difference when they are in there. But I will have to wait 500 miles and see how it settles. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I originally had that same size but I decided to go with something more since I didnt have a drop. Now that I have a drop it seems to be giving me some problems. The back seems fine for now. But the front is driving me insane. It's in the shop today for the 3rd time. We'll see if the adjustments to the torsion bars helps or hurts the ride. I have the factory air ride suspension. I think it will take several adjustments before its right. Did you actually cut out the plastics? Does that hurt the engine components at all being exposed?

·
Registered
14 Posts
i'm looking to get some 24's and drop it 2/3.. what wheels and tires specs will fit without much rubbings.. thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts