Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CUE screen has developed the dreaded spider crack issue on 1/3 of the screen. I had the car in the body shop for a week and I bet they left it in the hot Florida sun and then a mechanic probably got in and cranked up the A/C on HIGH causing the screen to crack. Dealer ordered a new screen and will replace this Saturday. They told me they do NOT need to replace the entire radio, which I thought I read another forum member stating they needed to. Time will tell.

Has anyone else experienced this issue on the 2014 SRX?

·
Registered
2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just a follow - up on my repair. The dealer replaced the LCD screen only, not the entire radio. Took 1 1/2 hours and they did it while I waited. Good as new and everything looks perfect.

Thank you Ed Morse Cadillac Brandon!!!

Al

·
Registered
2013 XTS Platinum
1 Posts
This happened to me over the weekend. It was not that hot outside (82 degrees) and I did not turn on the air conditioner as I did not drive the car. 48,600+ miles on it (2013 XTS Platinum) and went out of warranty last November. It was originally my Dad's car and I handled everything with kid gloves as he passed away and it is therefore special to me. Searching online shows that this is a problem with these screens. Why is it that Cadillac does not pay for this problem? It is a known defect. I would love to hear from Cadillac. Interesting how many of these crack right after the bumper-to-bumper warranty has ended.

·
Registered
2013 SRX Not so Base anymore
95 Posts
My screen JUST cracked, it seems to get worse each day. Figures my warranty ran out in December. I know for a fact that I didn't do anything to cause it. It was in the 60s for the past couple weeks so it's not like there was a big temperature swing.

·
Registered
2013 SRX &2015 SRX
7 Posts
My 2013 SRX with 20,900 miles started cracking 4 month after my bumper to bumper. The dealer said the repair would be about 1100.00 dollars. This is a known problem that should be repaired on all 2013 up Cadillac that fails. I purchased a 2015 SRX for my wife because she liked my car but this will be my last Cadillac. Cadillac not standing behind a 50000+ dollar SUV should not expect any return customers if they turn their back on customers that are sold a known problem.

·
Registered
10 SRX
407 Posts
My 2013 SRX with 20,900 miles started cracking 4 month after my bumper to bumper. The dealer said the repair would be about 1100.00 dollars. This is a known problem that should be repaired on all 2013 up Cadillac that fails. I purchased a 2015 SRX for my wife because she liked my car but this will be my last Cadillac. Cadillac not standing behind a 50000+ dollar SUV should not expect any return customers if they turn their back on customers that are sold a known problem.
Well in all fairness, this could be considered a 'known problem' with ALL MONITOR SCREENS and I don't see Samsung or JVC, etc doing anything about it. (I'll say this till it happens to me, lol) Problem is the $1100 price tag is ridiculous. I think Auto Manfs should charge cost in cases like this, say like, $150 labor and $150 for the screen. People wouldn't complain about that would they?

·
Registered
2013 SRX &2015 SRX
7 Posts
Thanks for your comment to my post. My guess it will happen to you, I live near Chicago and my SUV has not spent many hot days outside. I see the screen for sale on Ebay for $500.00 and think I will order one and change it myself. It seems the type of screen is the problem using capacitor and not resistor contact so that you can make moves with gloves. I still think Cadillac needs to repair all screen that fail free (unless the screen was damaged by abuse).

·
Registered
10 SRX
407 Posts
My CUE screen has developed the dreaded spider crack issue on 1/3 of the screen. I had the car in the body shop for a week and I bet they left it in the hot Florida sun and then a mechanic probably got in and cranked up the A/C on HIGH causing the screen to crack. Dealer ordered a new screen and will replace this Saturday. They told me they do NOT need to replace the entire radio, which I thought I read another forum member stating they needed to. Time will tell.

I have a question re these cracked screens... do you guys typically use the touch screen? I have a 2010 and have never used the "touch" feature and still on the original screen, I just can't imagine them cracking from temperature extremes and I live in Los Angeles where it gets extremely hot.
I just wonder if this could be caused by "kids playing in car" possibly a "dog left in the car" or maybe an over aggressive 'carwash attendant" etc, etc?

·
Registered
2 Posts

This just happened to my 2014 CTS in California. My car was in the autoshop for a radiator replacement which I had parts ordered ahead of time. This suppose to took about a day to fix. They had trouble finding the leak after replacing the radiator making them keep the car for 4 extra days waiting on parts (hoses etc). There was a heat advisory of 100 degrees all that week. When i went to pick the car up. I notice webbing like cracks in the corner of the CUE. The Advisor tried denying responsibility.

My debate is, would i have directly park my car in the sun, leaving it in a situation for days where it is being baked causing damage. I wouldn't, i always try to keep my car in the shade, i even had a sunshade windshield cover they didn't use. Because whom ever was handling the car failed to take good care, especially in hot weather i feel the shop is responsible. Also im out of warranty. 125kmiles.

I am hoping they can just replace the LCD screen and not the entire compartment. And they take responsibility of doing so. I feel if shoes were on the other feet and i brought their rental car back with crack screen they would have made me pay for it. The car was in their possession and could had advoided the screen getting cracked due to excessive heat from being left in the hot sun.

I'll post an update, as of now, its under investigation by the shop

·
Registered
2015 SRX Premium FWD
870 Posts
They are not responsible, this will happen anyway. It just happened to happen when they had it.
A screen is available on Amazon for less the $100 bucks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts