Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being that my girlfriend owns a '99 Volkswagen Passat - I get to see all the little things that make the car good and bad. Until the Phaeton hits the streets, the Passat is Volkswagen's luxury car. While it IS a very, very nice car - it's small (#1), not very soft-riding (#2 - though I don't find Mercedes and BMW cars soft-riding either).. One of the other things I've noticed recently is that when you've got the A/C on and you want to defog the windows - you're in trouble. I don't remember this to be a problem with my ETC. Is this a common problem for cars? Am I just not remembering correctly? Or - is this just one of those things that go over-looked by car companies that aren't exactly "Cadillac".

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
If you have the A/C on and it's working right, you shouldn't need to use the defogger since the air in the car should be dry enough to discourage fogging of the windows. In the event that there is a VERY damp condition, selecting defrost on the mode selector and "manually" engaging the compressor (if it doesn't automatically come on) by pushing the A/C button should accomplish what you want.

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
I never thought VW was selling the Passat as a luxury car.... just their highest model..... I thought Audi was the luxury brand of VW :confused:

·
Registered
586 Posts
in some cars whent he defog is on you can get a little fog on the outside of the windshield.... its a pain cus when ther eis no rain every once in a while you gotta hit the wipers to get rid of it.... but the best way to get rid of it is to turn to temp up a few degreese and it should go away quickly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts