Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. So who here knows about "the dent" on just about all new 'Villes? Have you seen it? Sometimes it's hard to see - sometimes it's easy to see - something it's not there at all. But most often there's a dent to some extent.. Not sure where to look? The drivers side door - towards the rear... Look at the molding.. It appears as if when the molding was placed on, something punched too hard...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I haven't seen it (late last year I worked across the street from a Caddy dealer) but it blows my mind. Apparently the "dented" ones are everywhere. How does something like that happen for so long? You gotta think about how long it had to go unnoticed by Cadillac QC to get that many shipped.

I've heard some people say "the dent" might have been caused during the application of the foam pads they put on new cars to ship them to dealers. That would still explain why it's on the same spot on every car, but it also makes sense because that would probably be done after the last quality control inspections were done, so no one would catch it at the factory.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow! Someone else knows about this besides Jonathan and I! Great.. Isn't that unreal? It makes people avoid the DeVilles... If someone wants a big luxury car and knows about this, they head over to their local Lincoln dealer and test drive a Town Car...

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
oooh now im goin have to snoop around and see this. lol :D

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Someone visit a cadillac dealer and take a picture of it!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
elwesso said:
Someone visit a cadillac dealer and take a picture of it!
sounds like a chalange to me :D

mabey this week

·
Registered
286 Posts
YES! I have it. I always thought it was there by design. It is on the drivers and passengers side, same place, same shallow indent. Rear side of door in the center under the moulding. huh....

EDIT: So I thought I was clicking on "next page", turns out it was "LAST page" sorry for bringing up an old thread...

·
-Administrator- 2002.5 F55 STS 2014 FWD Explorer
66,326 Posts
Apples, oranges, and a clever way to resurrect a 5 3/4 year old thread.

Regardless, nice to see that one person, at least, bothers to go back in time and study rather than lazily whining for a quick answer that has been posted several hundred times. :sneaky:

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Apples, oranges, and a clever way to resurrect a 5 3/4 year old thread.

Regardless, nice to see that one person, at least, bothers to go back in time and study rather than lazily whining for a quick answer that has been posted several hundred times. :sneaky:
I'm a whiner. :(

·
Cadillac Maniac
13,753 Posts
YES! I have it. I always thought it was there by design. It is on the drivers and passengers side, same place, same shallow indent. Rear side of door in the center under the moulding. huh....

EDIT: So I thought I was clicking on "next page", turns out it was "LAST page" sorry for bringing up an old thread...
I'd definitely prefer for you to bring back an old thread rather than create a new one. Than there's two threads for people to discuss the same subject. Yes, that smooth dent certainly is silly.. Cadillac quality has improved since then...

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
This thread brings back memories.

I remember seeing "The Dent" for the first time back around 2001, and was flabbergasted. All the Devilles were delivered to us with a foam square stuck on the door (ironically) to prevent door dings when they're being loaded on the carriers. Apparently someone had the robotic arm that stuck those things on juiced a little too high, because every Deville we got had that gentle depression at the very rear edge of both front doors, just above the molding.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
11 Participants
Cadillac Tony