Cadillac Owners Forum banner

661 - 668 of 668 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Love my CT6-V so far! Well worth the wait for such a unique and now apparently permanently discontinued car. Not that anyone probably cares, but my complaints are:

- I've noticed that the AWD has a tough time finding traction when going around corners and accelerating (even lightly)... I end up feeling the wheel skid a little bit every time i turn to go out of my driveway and have to be extremely careful not to accelerate at all and just coast when going around corners. Maybe it's because my driveway is on a hill, i have no idea. But my previous AWD jeep didn't do this unless under very hard acceleration.

- The Panaray system is kinda lame. It sounds fine but not "great" ... I've heard much better Bose car systems with 1/4 the speakers. I find myself constantly trying to mess with the EQ to figure out why there's no bass, extremely too much bass, it's just weird overall.

- Really wish there was a proximity auto-unlock or at least just touching the door handle would unlock the door. The button seems simple enough but in practice is a lot more hassle than the cars that just unlock by putting your hand anywhere on the handle.

- As HighlandRanger or someone mentioned earlier, sucks that the pocket to the left of the steering wheel doesn't hold sunglasses. Would be so perfect for that. Nowhere quick to put them for the driver.

- Of all the camera modes for parking, I can't find one that makes it super easy to tell if you're too close to the curb. The best one is the one that shows either the front or the rear wheels - but it shows both sides of the car and obviously the curb is usually just on one side. So i have to toggle back and forth from front and rear tires and it's just kind of awkward.

- More instrument cluster display flexibility would be nice. IE you can't use the night vision with the V mode, can't display current media on another section of the cluster while night vision is on, etc.

- Wish there had been an option for front massage seats & back recline seats on the V. I would have paid more for those. Personally I don't care about super cruise.

Things I love are:

• Exhaust note is amazing, perfect IMO
  • Interior fit, finish and design is wonderful
  • Lots of power
  • Exterior design is beautiful
  • I love GM's auto-lock function where doors lock just walking away
  • Happy I got the '19 while they still had rear seat entertainment

·
Registered
25 Posts
Agree on all your points except I really like the panaray system I find it quite good.

I also find playing spotify over Sirius radio is huge but that's just the quality of the sound recording.

And they have discontinued the ct6 woot lucky us owner's!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yes also love the spotify app! Just set that up today. Coming from a Jeep I keep bottoming the thing out :( The long wheelbase is tough when you're trying to crest a steep grade coming out of certain parking lots. But that's not the car itself, just the fact that I got a long wheelbase low stance vehicle. Hopefully I haven't destroyed anything underneath there yet.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #665
Love my CT6-V so far! Well worth the wait for such a unique and now apparently permanently discontinued car. Not that anyone probably cares, but my complaints are:

- I've noticed that the AWD has a tough time finding traction when going around corners and accelerating (even lightly)... I end up feeling the wheel skid a little bit every time i turn to go out of my driveway and have to be extremely careful not to accelerate at all and just coast when going around corners. Maybe it's because my driveway is on a hill, i have no idea. But my previous AWD jeep didn't do this unless under very hard acceleration.

- The Panaray system is kinda lame. It sounds fine but not "great" ... I've heard much better Bose car systems with 1/4 the speakers. I find myself constantly trying to mess with the EQ to figure out why there's no bass, extremely too much bass, it's just weird overall.

- Really wish there was a proximity auto-unlock or at least just touching the door handle would unlock the door. The button seems simple enough but in practice is a lot more hassle than the cars that just unlock by putting your hand anywhere on the handle.

- As HighlandRanger or someone mentioned earlier, sucks that the pocket to the left of the steering wheel doesn't hold sunglasses. Would be so perfect for that. Nowhere quick to put them for the driver.

- Of all the camera modes for parking, I can't find one that makes it super easy to tell if you're too close to the curb. The best one is the one that shows either the front or the rear wheels - but it shows both sides of the car and obviously the curb is usually just on one side. So i have to toggle back and forth from front and rear tires and it's just kind of awkward.

- More instrument cluster display flexibility would be nice. IE you can't use the night vision with the V mode, can't display current media on another section of the cluster while night vision is on, etc.

- Wish there had been an option for front massage seats & back recline seats on the V. I would have paid more for those. Personally I don't care about super cruise.

Things I love are:

• Lots of power
Two notes:
- night vision is on at night and will flash a warning in the hud and vibrate the seat even when the display is not on the dash - display is distracting anyway . . . . but agree, more granular flexability in dash config would be nice - drives me nuts that I cant get temp, direction and speed in the HUD

- Panaray - remember sound is only as good s the source - XM, FM all highly compressed. I believe the system plays FLAC - I've been meaning to throw a few songs on a stick for comparison but CD quality recordings sound pretty good . . .

·
Registered
19 CT6-V
5 Posts

Things I love are:

• Lots of power

Good points. I am planning on doing a proper full in depth video with all the attention(an inattention) to detail they did both inside and out. 4K all the way!

·
Registered
2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk
764 Posts

Things I love are:

• Lots of power
I had Bose Panaray in my 2017 CT6. I only got it because I purchased the car at discount. I thought the Panaray system was nice especially when listening to XM, but was never overly impressed with it. The center speaker coming up from dash seems more gimmicky than anything else and I often wondered if it would have worked just as well if it had been the standard center speaker.

I have the Bose Premium Sound with 14 speakers in my XTS and IMO it sounds just as nice as the Bose Panaray. Once you get the EQ figured out you will come to a happy median with the Bass. You may also want to check and see if you prefer the Center Point or Normal settings.

The compartment to the left of the steering wheel may be able to be modified to hold glasses. My thought would be to cut the back of the compartment down given you more length for the glasses. This could be done in away to where the glasses would not slide out of the compartment. I do not think there would be anything in the way that would prevent closing the compartment door with such a modification if such a modification is possible, I will have to take a look.

You not being able to get Super Cruise is much like me not being able to get Park Assist as my car is FWD/AWD Car. It is available only on the FWD XT. It is not something that I have to have as I did not se it when I had the CT6, but some how I feel cheated.

I am glad this car was worth your wait and I hope it continues to be so.

661 - 668 of 668 Posts