Cadillac Owners Forum banner

441 - 460 of 680 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V sedan, 2017 CT6, 2000 Eldorado ETC
236 Posts
'Heavy' is right! That, in addition to the extra cost of development/engineering, could contribute to why the LTA isn't showing up in the CT4/5. It may be rich with torque (and tunable for more), but the options already on the table are more power-dense and everything is already 'figured out'. For comparison...
3.6L LGX: 370 lbs. (335-hp)
3.6TT LF4: ~450 lbs. (464-hp)
3.6TT LF3: 485 lbs. (420-hp)
6.2L LT1: 465 lbs. (460-hp)
6.2L SC LT4: 529 lbs. (650-hp)
4.2L TT LSA: ~550(???)+ lbs. (550-hp)
On the Cadillac website they just posted the weight difference between the Premium Luxury with 3.6L LGX and Platinum with same features but, 10L90 and 4.2L LTA and it is 458lbs heavier, I don't know the difference between 10L45? and the 10L90 but, that is huge if most of it is in the motor.
Blake

·
Cadillac Owners Troll
2019 CT6 Sport 3.0TT,2015 Luxury ATS , 2016 ELR, and Volt
2,200 Posts
The 10L90 is the truck transmission which is substantially bigger.

·
Registered
'19 CT6 Platinum 3.0TT
465 Posts
The 10L90 is the truck transmission which is substantially bigger.
Actually, the 2 ten speeds are the 10L80 and 10L90. The 10L90 is used in high performance cars like the Camaro ZL1 and now the Blackwing Caddys. The 10L80 goes in regular cars and light trucks. Truth is the sticker on my car listed the transmission as a 10R80 which is the Ford number. Don't know what the weight difference is between the 80 and 90, but I'm pretty sure is isn't anywhere near the difference between the 3.0TT and the Blackwing.

·
Registered
2010 CTSV
29 Posts
Any more driving impressions or deliveries? My dealer said none of his cars got out of GM lots in MI before the strike. This looks like might delay Corvette C8 production now too!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #447
Odds and ends on driving impressions and such:

Been driving around with the exhaust in track mode - it makes a lovely sound. It is incongruous with the appearance of the car - been at a few lights where I can see other drivers looking around to see where the sound is coming from not realizing its the CT6 next to them. So other than the v badges, seems like I am going to continue to have the sleeper fun I had with the SS.

Stopped by dealer to get plates and check on rims I ordered for snow tires - apparently very little is shipping and they are starting to run out of commodity items like oil filters and brake pads - strike better end soon. It really stinks that so few cars have been shipped and apparently now impacting the Corvette roll out.

Also asked about the racing school mentioned when we purchased the car - let me know if anyone got any further information on that. I intend on going.

Other notes:
- when you get the car check the oil life level; mine was built in June, had 23 miles but oil life was at 70%. Air filter, brake pads both at 100%. Not sure why so much loss from just sitting, doesn't happen on the ZL1 over the winter . . . something to do with break in and the turbos maybe?

- you can set the outside mirrors to tilt down when you back up - not really necessary because of the cameras but I
did notice that the mirrors do not return fully to their original position. I've noticed the same thing before on a previous car and not a feature I use anyway. Seems like they should figure that out at some point. You need to press the memory button to get them to return all the way up

- Auto stop: you can drive the car and not have the autostop go off; seems like there is a g meter in there and it will trigger on a hard complete stop; if you keep it smooth it triggers less, almost not at all; if you run everything, lights, wipers, AC, it still triggers the same way but then I guess once voltage drops enough winds up starting before you release the brake kind of short cycle. I've been shutting it off as it does seem to hiccup occasionally when shifting into reverse. Not sure how much gas it saves but I don't like it. Seems unnecessarily hard on components for minimal benefit. Be nice to have a permanent off option.

- Hold feature - neat, probably handy if you are in a lot of bumper to bumper - not sure I would use it much with the driving I do

- Mileage still at around 19mpg mostly suburban driving with lights - not city but not highway

- Love the curb cameras - you can get it nice and tight to a curb or wall. Still need to play with the video system but I did stick an SD card in and start it recording; seems like it records your whole ride from all camera angles; you can review on the screen. Need to pull the card and have a look at file structure and such. I turned it on once and it seems to be recording every ride and must be writing over the old files.

- FLIR - works good; picking up animals and people before I can see them; even has different icons for people, deer and I think it flashed a different icon for a smaller fox that ran across the road the other day. There are three dashboards with only one of them giving you the actual infra red view; its distracting; system still works and flashes warning in the HUD if you are on one of the other dashboards so you don't need to have that view up for it to work. Its a small display but I did have it up in the fog the other day - handy but not sure its a good way to drive in fog.

- Still waiting for 1500 miles (maybe next week) but the car is fast; if you go deep it squats, hood comes up and it goes; you need to let off pretty quick; still getting the hang of it but its a two handed event for now; not much wheel spin but at the same time I dont feel the computer holding it back like I do in the Zl1 and less so in the SS. Still too early to make a call on turbo lag - it does seem to wind up before pulling if you feather the pedal but I'm thinking if you stomp it lag will be very minimal. If you watch the boost gauge it is very responsive as compared to a supercharged car which is linear with RPM.

- the electric engine fans run for quite some time after you shut the car off; less so if you let the car idle for a while before shutting off - maybe trying to cool turbos and keep hood on paint from getting baked? That engine bay is packed very tight . . . . I need to look at the hood insulation . . .

- Oil temp hovers around 180 degrees F; seems much lower than other cars - probably a good thing. Tranny temp also seems low, I want to say in the 140's but haven't been monitoring as closely. Also good I guess but unlike many of the cars I've driven.

- Cue system is neat; love the control knob/panel behind the shifter; you can do almost everything from there without taking your eyes off the road; system is snappy and remembers what you were doing and playing last time you were in the car; so if you were listening to a podcast last time you were in the car, but dont connect the phone next time you start, it defaults to home but then when you reconnect the phone it switches back to where you were. Its well done. I know this is a far better system than previous generations but hard to imagine how much worse it could have been - its a slick interface and works well.

I had the dealer leave the front plate bracket off - seems a shame to mess up the front of the car. Contemplating a custom bracket like I did on the zl1 or just leaving it off. Lot of no drill options that mount to the grill but that seems like a bad idea to block that much cooling.

Let me know if anyone wants info or a picture of anything specific. I hope you guys get your cars before the snow - not sure how they'd deliver cars with summer tires in the winter . . . .

·
Registered
2014 CTS-V - 2016 CTS-V - 2019 CT6-V
14 Posts
Odds and ends on driving impressions and such:

Been driving around with the exhaust in track mode - it makes a lovely sound. It is incongruous with the appearance of the car - been at a few lights where I can see other drivers looking around to see where the sound is coming from not realizing its the CT6 next to them. So other than the v badges, seems like I am going to continue to have the sleeper fun I had with the SS.

Stopped by dealer to get plates and check on rims I ordered for snow tires - apparently very little is shipping and they are starting to run out of commodity items like oil filters and brake pads - strike better end soon. It really stinks that so few cars have been shipped and apparently now impacting the Corvette roll out.

Also asked about the racing school mentioned when we purchased the car - let me know if anyone got any further information on that. I intend on going.

Other notes:
- when you get the car check the oil life level; mine was built in June, had 23 miles but oil life was at 70%. Air filter, brake pads both at 100%. Not sure why so much loss from just sitting, doesn't happen on the ZL1 over the winter . . . something to do with break in and the turbos maybe?

- you can set the outside mirrors to tilt down when you back up - not really necessary because of the cameras but I
did notice that the mirrors do not return fully to their original position. I've noticed the same thing before on a previous car and not a feature I use anyway. Seems like they should figure that out at some point. You need to press the memory button to get them to return all the way up

- Auto stop: you can drive the car and not have the autostop go off; seems like there is a g meter in there and it will trigger on a hard complete stop; if you keep it smooth it triggers less, almost not at all; if you run everything, lights, wipers, AC, it still triggers the same way but then I guess once voltage drops enough winds up starting before you release the brake kind of short cycle. I've been shutting it off as it does seem to hiccup occasionally when shifting into reverse. Not sure how much gas it saves but I don't like it. Seems unnecessarily hard on components for minimal benefit. Be nice to have a permanent off option.

- Hold feature - neat, probably handy if you are in a lot of bumper to bumper - not sure I would use it much with the driving I do

- Mileage still at around 19mpg mostly suburban driving with lights - not city but not highway

- Love the curb cameras - you can get it nice and tight to a curb or wall. Still need to play with the video system but I did stick an SD card in and start it recording; seems like it records your whole ride from all camera angles; you can review on the screen. Need to pull the card and have a look at file structure and such. I turned it on once and it seems to be recording every ride and must be writing over the old files.

- FLIR - works good; picking up animals and people before I can see them; even has different icons for people, deer and I think it flashed a different icon for a smaller fox that ran across the road the other day. There are three dashboards with only one of them giving you the actual infra red view; its distracting; system still works and flashes warning in the HUD if you are on one of the other dashboards so you don't need to have that view up for it to work. Its a small display but I did have it up in the fog the other day - handy but not sure its a good way to drive in fog.

- Still waiting for 1500 miles (maybe next week) but the car is fast; if you go deep it squats, hood comes up and it goes; you need to let off pretty quick; still getting the hang of it but its a two handed event for now; not much wheel spin but at the same time I dont feel the computer holding it back like I do in the Zl1 and less so in the SS. Still too early to make a call on turbo lag - it does seem to wind up before pulling if you feather the pedal but I'm thinking if you stomp it lag will be very minimal. If you watch the boost gauge it is very responsive as compared to a supercharged car which is linear with RPM.

- the electric engine fans run for quite some time after you shut the car off; less so if you let the car idle for a while before shutting off - maybe trying to cool turbos and keep hood on paint from getting baked? That engine bay is packed very tight . . . . I need to look at the hood insulation . . .

- Oil temp hovers around 180 degrees F; seems much lower than other cars - probably a good thing. Tranny temp also seems low, I want to say in the 140's but haven't been monitoring as closely. Also good I guess but unlike many of the cars I've driven.

- Cue system is neat; love the control knob/panel behind the shifter; you can do almost everything from there without taking your eyes off the road; system is snappy and remembers what you were doing and playing last time you were in the car; so if you were listening to a podcast last time you were in the car, but dont connect the phone next time you start, it defaults to home but then when you reconnect the phone it switches back to where you were. Its well done. I know this is a far better system than previous generations but hard to imagine how much worse it could have been - its a slick interface and works well.

I had the dealer leave the front plate bracket off - seems a shame to mess up the front of the car. Contemplating a custom bracket like I did on the zl1 or just leaving it off. Lot of no drill options that mount to the grill but that seems like a bad idea to block that much cooling.

Let me know if anyone wants info or a picture of anything specific. I hope you guys get your cars before the snow - not sure how they'd deliver cars with summer tires in the winter . . . .
Thank you for the feedback on your 6-V. Excellent job. I'm near detroit and waiting for the strike to end to get mine. (Built April 25th!).
I am curious which wheels and winter tires you are looking at because it won't be long before we need them. From what I see the Michelin Alpin 4 gets high marks.
Once again thanks for the feedback. Enjoy your V.

·
Registered
2010 CTSV
29 Posts
I am super excited about this car. But my dealer had a 2019 loaded CTS-V become available. Brand new, single digits miles on the odometer. I had been driving a 2016 CTS-V and absolutely loved it. So, I snapped it up as is among the last of them. My original plan was to test drive one of these with enough time to have more options. The EPA and UAW intervened. Can't wait to see these on the road, and possibly get to drive one. Here is to hoping the strike resolution includes continuing CT6 and expanding CT6-V production. If not, perhaps my next ride will be a CT5 V Blackwing.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #451
Thank you for the feedback on your 6-V. Excellent job. I'm near detroit and waiting for the strike to end to get mine. (Built April 25th!).
I am curious which wheels and winter tires you are looking at because it won't be long before we need them. From what I see the Michelin Alpin 4 gets high marks.
Once again thanks for the feedback. Enjoy your V.
I have had two sets of the Pilot Alpin PA4 on the SS - loved them they were fantastic. I beleive there is a new model, supposed to be better - not sure they make them in correct size for the CT6.

Since I love the OEM rims, I have a set on order for winter tires which limits choices - looking at the Pirelli Sotto Zereos. We have them on other cars - not as good as the Alpins in snow but not by much . . . .

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #452
In reviewing the paperwork and getting everything filed I found an email to the dealer that detailed some Blackwing "MY19 Customer Experience Program" benefits I didn't realize we had - some of these only apply to the first 275, some apply to all MY2019 and some apply to MY2020 owners as well - little confusing . . . whole list:

-> Special Blackwing call center concierge (everyone)

-> Incentive for dealer to take extra care in prep since the cars were sitting (all MY2019)

-> Spring Mountain Experience racing school (was supposed to be first 275 only but email says all MY2019 and MY2020)

-> Allowance for lease extensions on existing vehicles you are still driving while waiting for CT6v if applicable (MY2019)

-> Gift package including a "premium gift", serialized certificate, information on the Spring Mountain experience; not sure if this premium gift is the little print we got over the summer but it specifically mentions receiving this after delivery and the email is dated September 5th so must be something else. (MY2019 first 275 only)

Again, great car, but I still don't get why Caddy isn't on here and reaching out to people telling them about this stuff - its almost like it is a secret. And since there was no extra charge for the direct carrier delivery of my car - why didn't everyone get this courtesy? Seems like it only happened if your dealer reached out (in my case because I was regularly bothering the owner of the dealership) - Caddy apparently didn't even mention it to the dealers that they could make these arrangements. Just like the SS - they make a great car and then neglect it . . . . . although they did release a few new videos yesterday:

(Blackwing)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Still have my 09 G8 GT (43,000 miles). Like the SS...It was/is a sleeper. The G8 is not stock anymore though so while It could be a daily driver, just too cool to let someone rear end It. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Lol, now I got this email today "Purchase and Delivery Satisfaction Survey..." "Thank you for choosing Cadillac. We invite you to complete a brief survey of your purchase experience..." No idea where my car is but I know I didn't buy it yet. ha ha

·
Registered
Cadillac
322 Posts
Lol, now I got this email today "Purchase and Delivery Satisfaction Survey..." "Thank you for choosing Cadillac. We invite you to complete a brief survey of your purchase experience..." No idea where my car is but I know I didn't buy it yet. ha ha
"Dear GM, thank you for confirming the purchase of my car! I am thrilled to be an owner of such an amazing pinnacle of performance and luxury.

I really appreciate the time your team is taking to QC certify my V. Can I ask you a favor? Rather than returning the car back to my dealer (which has been awesome btw), please return the car to my residence? I don't want to put the detailers through any extra effort and I'd feel more comfortable if I could clean the car myself. Plus, my sales guy moved on to sell copiers. What a dope!

I would not complain either when you bring the car to my house. I'll take a blue pill and will gladly meat one of the Cadillac girls!

Thanks again very much! Kthxbye.

Sincerely,

-PaidInFullV-OwnerHappierThanAPigInShitCozFreeRide

·
Registered
Alexandra - 96 SDV Clyde - 15 Silvy
6,357 Posts
Normally I'd say GM should run the clock out on the strike to clean out the Union's strike fund, but after reading this they need to end it ASAP so you guys can get your cars!! Starting to worry about this crap affecting the repairs on my Silverado next month.

Reading highlandranger's posts, I WANT ONE! Need to go back to school, this beer budget nursing job don't cut it for my champagne tastes!

Can't wait to see everybody's new Vs!

·
Registered
2019 CT6 Platinum
73 Posts
There is a CT6-V article in the current (Oct) issue of Car & Driver. The opinion is sort of middling regarding performance......their contention is that the 10-speed tranny does not hold any gear long enough to benefit acceleration.

441 - 460 of 680 Posts