Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 554 Posts

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
I only have 23,400 miles original. Today I took a pic of that on my dash, so I hope Sal will get it up. I am curious if I have the lowest mileage 12 year old or newer Caddy here? My dad just never drives his cars much, you should have seen his Olds 442 w-30!! :cheers:

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Just cracked 80K.
No garage queen for me. If you're gonna have a nice car, DRIVE IT!!
Guys that have cars as "trophies" and "investments" make me sick :vomit:
Cars are made to be DRIVEN, not just looked at :thumbsup:

·
Registered
586 Posts
106,000 miles as of today.
parts gone bad in last 3k miles: alternator (6.5 hrs to replace it), spark plugs, o2 sensors, fuel filter, 2 tires got flats (one of them twice). antena stopped working, then started again, power window stopped working then started again.

but she still runs great... except a little rich. i still cant figure that one out

right now she is loosing a quart of oil every 5-10 miles cus i forgot to use teflon tape on one of the lines... oops.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Re: The Car Mileage Thread!

121k on the Q, 36k on the fleetwood!

·
Registered
16,105 Posts

lev said:
Uhmmm, Ralph, please elaborate, I am confused.
Well, if you are serious about me elaborating, lets see, what will be worth more in the future? A low mileage (cared for) car, or a high mileage "well used" vehicle??? I would tend to say original, and or well cared for. Plus, something that has not or will not be driven too much in the future, that already has low mileage, has a better chance of being preserved for future generations to enjoy. Not too many teenagers today would know what an LS6 Chevelle SS is unless they read about it, if all of them were abused and wrecked. (or possibly restored.) IMO :burn:

·
Registered
6,471 Posts

Whoever said that if you DRIVE it, you have to be ABUSING it.
I just think it's a waste to just garage a car and only drive it once in awhile. IMHO, the guy that has a Porsche in the garage but drives a Toyota everyday is an idiot.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts

Especially cars like porches..... The ones that are in bad condition are the ones that werent driven....... The ones that are driven a lot are the ones that are nice, and the ones that run the best..... Sure, you dont NEED to run it every day, but you still want to use it.......

Besides, if you dont drive your nice car, people wont know that you have it!!!!

·
Registered
6,471 Posts

A quality car is like a beautiful woman. Yeah, they're great to look at, and to be seen with, but in the end if that's all you think they're good for, you're a shallow human being with no appreciation for something truely wonderful.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts

Nice analogy!

I completely agree....... you dont spend almost 100k on a car and not use it..... Its not only unappreciative, but its retarted...... You got it, use it!!!!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Katshot said:
A quality car is like a beautiful woman. Yeah, they're great to look at, and to be seen with, but in the end if that's all you think they're good for, you're a shallow human being with no appreciation for something truely wonderful.
Ya but I thought women aren't supposed to get used! :)

1 - 20 of 554 Posts
About this Discussion
553 Replies
406 Participants
ogbuehi