Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ships take off out of Orlando, Tampa, Fort Lauderdale or Miami...

If you're the least bit interested, please reply!

4 days, 5 nights starts at approximately $250.00 per person
6 days, 7 nights starts at approximately $450.00 per person
8 days, 9 nights starts at approximately $600.00 per person

The prices fluctuate slightly. The more people we can get to go, the lower the prices will be.

- Carnival: Freedom | Imagination

- Royal Caribbean: Majesty of the Seas I Sovereign of the Seas

- Norwegian: Jewel

Some pricing examples for the Royal Caribbean are:
- Majesty of the Seas, 4 nights, 5 days out of Miami - starting at $220.00 per person
- Soverign of the Seas, 4 nights, 5 days out of Orlando - starting at $230.00 per person

Note: When I mention "starting at", this means a regular room inside the ship. Suites and rooms with balconies cost more - but again, not ALL that much more...

...Carnival:
Imagination, 4 nights 5 days, $600.00 for a suite with balcony.

(Room with balconies are pictured below; Suites beneath that...)

Note: The further out you go, the more it costs. So pricing for the southern-most destinations costs more than closer ones.. There's really not much of a difference, however..

If you've never gone on a cruise, than you probably don't realize that no matter how nice the rooms are, you'll be spending very little time in them. There's a LOT to do on these cruises - so whether you get a fancy room or not, you won't be seeing very much of it.. However, rooms with balconies make for a very nice experience...

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
I'll be sailing on Royal Caribbean's Explorer of the Seas out of Bayonne NJ on Dec 2nd to the Southern Caribbean for 12 nights.

Sorry I can't join you. However, maybe if the timing is right we could hook up on one of the islands.

I could never sail out of FL as my wife won't fly.

Statement about the rooms is very well put and very true. You are really never in your room but if you have the cash to blow a balcony is nice.

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We'll start looking into definite dates once we get a head-count. So far, it looks like possibly ONE. Let's keep this discussion going. I'm SURE we have a few people here who'll go on this cruise...

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance|2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
6,421 Posts
Wow, this sounds pretty bad ass. Book a ship that we can load the Cadillacs on, nothing like rows of gas chugging Detroit steel roaming the Caribbean lands......

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
That sounds so sweet, I'd love to go if I wasn't so financially tight. Sal, I'll see you at the November meet though.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Yea for 250 bucks or less Id do it. 4/5 I think is more than plenty. Leaving from Tampa would be awesome, but anywhere in FL is fine. Also a comment I echo from above, if we can sort of plan it around a holiday time that would work best for those of us who have work schedules and school schedules to attend to. Just a thought, but this sounds pretty neat.

Id be willing to bet Jesda would be up for this too depending on the timeframe, again school etc.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Don't laugh. I've been on a biker cruise and they brought 30 or 40 Harleys with them. Unloaded and toured each port. Nothing is imposable on a cruise ship.

Wow, this sounds pretty bad ass. Book a ship that we can load the Cadillacs on, nothing like rows of gas chugging Detroit steel roaming the Caribbean lands......

·
Registered
'03 STS (RIP), '89 Eldorado, '13 Malibu, '89 Grand Wagoneer
2,191 Posts
Let me know if they stop in Jamaica.. if so I'll meet all you guys in Ocho Rios! Never been much a cruise fan, I much prefer flying somewhere and spending a week there opposed to only getting a day or so at each port-of-call. Plus you can't beat the price, a two-story, three bed, two bath condo for a week plus airfare for around $600 bucks. So yeah... if it stops in Jamaica there's a more than likely chance I'll see you there, that's around the time we usually go - late Nov./ early Dec.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
I can tell you I won't be in Jamaica. Here's my actual itinerary.

02-Dec Cape Liberty Cruise Port, New Jersey 4:00 PM

03-Dec Cruising Cruising

04-Dec Cruising Cruising

05-Dec Philipsburg, St. Maarten 3:00 PM 11:30 PM Docked

06-Dec St. Johns, Antigua 9:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

07-Dec Roseau, Dominica 7:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

08-Dec Bridgetown, Barbados 7:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

09-Dec Basseterre, St. Kitts 12:00 PM 6:00 PM Docked

10-Dec Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas 8:00 AM 8:00 PM Docked

11-Dec San Juan, Puerto Rico 7:00 AM 1:30 PM Docked

12-Dec Cruising Cruising

13-Dec Cruising Cruising

14-Dec Cape Liberty Cruise Port, New Jersey 8:00 AM

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Maybe..... I'll have to review my finances and see if it's possible first. I'm interested though, if I can afford it I'll go.....
Do your best! Try and be there! Whatever the final cost, it's REALLY going to be worth it.. If our meets have been any indication of how well we all get along, 4 nights on a ship will be very cool...

That sounds so sweet, I'd love to go if I wasn't so financially tight. Sal, I'll see you at the November meet though.
That Mercedes has ya strapped, eh? I hear ya...

Yea for 250 bucks or less Id do it. 4/5 I think is more than plenty. Leaving from Tampa would be awesome, but anywhere in FL is fine. Also a comment I echo from above, if we can sort of plan it around a holiday time that would work best for those of us who have work schedules and school schedules to attend to. Just a thought, but this sounds pretty neat.

Id be willing to bet Jesda would be up for this too depending on the timeframe, again school etc.
If I'm not mistaken, the best of the best prices will be DURING Thanksgiving week. I do have to say, Thanksgiving dinner on a ship is pretty amazing.. But - that's 'probably' where we're aiming for first - Thanksgiving..

I KNOW that's going to be difficult for some people - as most people spend that time with their families.. So we'll have to see how that goes..

The first objective is to find out WHO'S INTERESTED. Once we have that list, we can all get together and figure out a date when MOST of us will be available...

lol
im marrying rich
im in
soooooo in!!!!
Your going, huh? Cool.. Spread the word about this thing! I'd love to see 10 or 20 people go.. There are enough people with money around here! :p

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
Ya'll are great peoples and it would probably be a good time, but no more ships, seas, cruises, etc for me. :nono:

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am strongly interested.
Cool! But as mentioned, we're currently looking at the week of Thanksgiving.. I'm not sure how good that is for most. However, it's a week where people have time off from work.

Ya'll are great peoples and it would probably be a good time, but no more ships, seas, cruises, etc for me. :nono:
What happened?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts