Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those who have bought the car how does the Bose system sound? Better than the STS system?

·
Registered
2011 SRX & 2010 Corvette Grand Sport Convertible
374 Posts
I haven't heard the STS system, but the CTS sounds great. While listening to a CD, I have tried toggling between "Normal" and the "Centerpoint" settings on the "Sound" screen. My wife and I both can really heard the difference. The normal setting sounds okay, like a typical stereo, but the centerpoint setting really "surrounds" you with the music. As far as the 5.1 surround sound, I don't have an audio-DVD, so I tried playing a video DVD. That was really amazing! Special effect sounds blew me away. Sounded as good as, if not better than my home surround sound system. Now I'm looking for some audio-DVDs.

·
Registered
2008 CTS 3.6DI
34 Posts
I havent heard the system in an STS either, but I can tell you the Bose 5.1 in the CTS is pretty damned amazing. It has deeper bass than I've noticed from factory stereos and this morning I recorded a Fallout Boy cd at 320 quality, at least i remember it being 320....it was in the 300s... anyhow, I recorded it at high quality onto a DVD audio disc and was blown away!

I have yet to try my iPod or iPhone in the car for some reason, I guess I've been too busy driving to futz around all that much, but I'll let you know how the audio compares when using the AUX when I get a chance.

·
Registered
92 Allanté, 2013 ATS4
348 Posts
I just took delivery of an 08 CTS after having an 05 STS with the "Suround Sound" system: Both are excellent, and I think that the CTS system is slightly better (could be my hearing, of course). Either one is fantastic; wish I had a home system that sounded as good.

·
Registered
Cadillac
22 Posts
Try listening to an ELO (Electric Light Orchestra) CD on the Bose System.
Sounds AWESOME !! I know ELO is an older band, but it sounds terrific on the BOSE.....:bouncy:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Speaking of the Bose sound system. Does anybody know how to rip audio from a video DVD (music sound tracks) and burn them as a surround sound audio file to a DVD-audio disc? There are a lot of music videos in 5.1 surround sound I'd like to listen to in the car in surround sound. I've been reading about various DVD audio rippers extracting the ac3 files from the video disc and writing them to a DVD.

·
Registered
2017 ATS Performance Premium Luxury Crystal White AWD 3.6DI
186 Posts
.... so I tried playing a video DVD. That was really amazing! Special effect sounds blew me away. Sounded as good as, if not better than my home surround sound system. Now I'm looking for some audio-DVDs.
According to the manual if you try to play a Video DVD you will get an error reading disc. How did you get it to play?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Instructions for playing a DVD are on pages 3-18 to 3-24 of the Navigation System Manual. The standard radios can only play DVD-audio discs. I want to rip the 5.1 sound track from video disc and save it to a DVD-audio disc.

·
Registered
2007 CTS White Diamond - 1997 Deville Silver Mist
289 Posts
I just took delivery of an 08 CTS after having an 05 STS with the "Suround Sound" system: Both are excellent, and I think that the CTS system is slightly better (could be my hearing, of course). Either one is fantastic; wish I had a home system that sounded as good.
The '08 STS upgrade radio has a 15 speaker bose surround sound system while I believe the CTS has a 10 speaker system. The STS has speakers on each side of the front headrests. I don't know if the CTS has speakers there.
That may account for some of the extra speakers on the STS.

I was looking at the Cadillac Website and it looks like the standard radio on the '08 CTS is an 8 speaker Bose Radio. Is that true? I have an '07 CTS with the Bose Radio (the CTS Bose Edition) and it was a $900+ extra.

In my opinion, Cadillac always made the best radios. I had a '90 Eldorado with the Bose Radio and the sound was great on that radio.

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS
312 Posts
I was looking at the Cadillac Website and it looks like the standard radio on the '08 CTS is an 8 speaker Bose Radio. Is that true?

QUOTE]

Yes, 8 speaker, 212 watt I believe in standard on the 08. Upgrade is 10 speaker, 300 watt.

·
Registered
None
1,151 Posts
Does the CTS have a center channel speaker? I haven't seen one in person yet and I don't see one in any of the photos I've looked at.

Tony

·
Registered
2008 SRX AWD Sport
172 Posts
I thought the 2007 / 2008 SRX Base Bose system might have sounded a little stronger than the 2008 CTS Base Bose system. Only tried it on XM and FM, but not a CD.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts